• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Dreadnought: Self-Destruct Sequence Initiated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Townie, leebs, awar, and others have basically explained how I feel. Having a little pity party on my couch today, but did manage to take a shower and have a cute baby to console me, so I've got that going for me.

Maybe people will pay more attention in off years now? Nah, probably not.

Townie, leebs, awar, and others have basically explained how I feel. Having a little pity party on my couch today, but did manage to take a shower and have a cute baby to console me, so I've got that going for me.

People didn't turn out to vote in this election. Midterms will not change.

I think it's important for people to take the feelings that they have today and put them to work. Words are useless. Go volunteer, attend city council meetings, be informed. If you don't act on your emotions then nothing will change.

I think it's important for people to take the feelings that they have today and put them to work. Words are useless. Go volunteer, attend city council meetings, be informed. If you don't act on your emotions then nothing will change.

Move to a community where your vote will be more validated than useful !

The same people who don't vote in mid-terms also didn't vote yesterday. They're also likely the most impacted.

On a non-life sucks thought, I'll vote ITC as the greatest pit champion of all-time.

He's talking about me wanting to move away from NC in the next little bit.

Which I have been going back and forth on. Let's be serious though---I'm all talk when it comes to moving, so I'll probs be staying here forever.

Home is where the heart is, even when it's a shitty, broken down home. Might as well try to make some repairs.

161018_Trump_They_Let_You_Do_It_Lennart_Gaebel_Illustration_72.jpg

He's talking about me wanting to move away from NC in the next little bit.

Which I have been going back and forth on. Let's be serious though---I'm all talk when it comes to moving, so I'll probs be staying here forever.

Home is where the heart is, even when it's a shitty, broken down home. Might as well try to make some repairs.

Correct. Let's make North Carolina great again. Take our state back!

For the "all Trump voters are racists and xenophobes" crowd, Trump had more black and Latino voters than Romney in 2012.

A List of Pro-Women, Pro-Immigrant, Pro-Earth, Anti-Bigotry Organizations That Need Your Support

I realize there's a lot of Tunnels talk coming over to the CT, but it is a pretty big deal.

Here's one thing my friend posted that explains it a bit as well:

Hey folks, time for a privilege check. I see a lot of "well this sucks, but let's move on" posts on here this morning. Yes, of course that is true. But messages like this are coming mostly from my fellow white, middle class citizens. Please realize what a place of privilege we come from to be able to just say that.

Imagine you are black and woke up to a president endorsed by the KKK whose followers regularly talk about lynching.
Imagine you are Muslim and woke up to a president who said that members of your faith need to be banned from entering our country and that your neighborhoods must be patrolled.
Imagine you are LGBT and woke up to a president who believes that who you are is a sin and who wants to take away your only recently earned rights.
Imagine you are sick and able to cover your bills because of Obamacare and woke up to a president who wants to dismantle it and leave you with the choice of going bankrupt or getting care.
Imagine you are very poor and woke up to a president whose economic plan intends to only reward billionaires like himself while leaving you so far behind that no matter what you do, you can't get ahead.
Imagine you are a woman and you woke up to a president who wants to take away your rights to make choices about your own body, who treats women like objects, and who brags about sexual assault.
Imagine you are a parent and you woke up to a president who calls climate change a hoax orchestrated by the Chinese who has doomed our planet to destruction within your child's lifetime. And a president who disregards any reasonable action on gun control, making it easier for mass shootings to happen regularly.

I don't at all mean to say that the sentiment behind your posts is wrong. We absolutely must find ways to come together and move forward. But please recognize what it must be like to be someone whose life could be forever changed by this man. Those of us white middle class folks with jobs and salaries and insurance will probably be ok, even if we're unhappy. So don't just offer platitudes. It's like thoughts and prayers after a shooting.

look on the bright side, millenials. The olds can't call you politically correct anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back