• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Dreadnought: Self-Destruct Sequence Initiated

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was very hazy on campus about twenty minutes ago. It's not as bad now.

it was smoky as hell in South Asheville on Saturday, but we went downtown at lunch and it was super clear. when we left a few hours later the smoke had rolled in. sorta eery. It's mostly clear today out by the airport.

it was smoky as hell in South Asheville on Saturday, but we went downtown at lunch and it was super clear. when we left a few hours later the smoke had rolled in. sorta eery. It's mostly clear today out by the airport.

Yeah, that picture is basically my "front yard" over in West Asheville. Pretty sure that was also Saturday.

The worst part was the smell, a lot of my clothes smell like I've been camping now.

I have to spend 6 or so hours in Asheville solo the Saturday after Thanksgiving. What's good to do for that amount of time?

my parents both have horrible vision, one really nearsighted, the other really farsighted, and my sisters and I each have perfect vision. I guess they canceled each other out #science

Same in my fam. Both parents had glasses/contacts but none of the three kids do (and we're all in our 30s now).

Hubs had lasik and he said it's one of the best things he's ever spent money on.

I showed my public speaking lab how to do research/find academic sources with the ZSR databases today and it blew some of their minds. I think I need to do that before the informative speech next semester.

Wicked Weed, man.

yup. could hit all of these within a few minutes' walk:

Wicked Weed
Wicked Weed Funkatorium
Burial
Catawba
Bhramari
Hi-Wire
Ben's (sake)
Asheville Brewing
Lexington Ave
Twin Leaf
Green Man

and more I know I'm forgetting

Gotta hit up Battery Park Books and/or Malaprop.

I guess if you like books or whatever.

Basically just remember you can go anywhere downtown on foot pretty easily, it's just not a huge area to cover once you're parked/there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back