• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: exploring BBD's virtual bunghole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grateful Dead just won their first this year…and it was for the design of a box set

Buffett has like three really good songs and then a bunch of crap about hamburgers and sharks.

We toured Elon yesterday. Phenomenal campus. Outstanding facilities.

Best thing Mr Buffet ever did was start a retirement community. Well done sir. Award worthy indeed.

Who’s the biggest Parrothead on the board? LK and TSY seem like they like that island life.

Who would argue he should have an EGOT
Several best selling and platinum albums, has written original scores for tv and movie and produced live events, has written music for multiple on stage productions. The song Margaritaville is in the Grammy Hall of Fame (whatever that is). Is it really unfathomable that some of those works should be rewarded with an award? Whoopi has a Grammy. They couldn’t find one for Jimmy?

Don’t waste the money on mediocre private school, UNCC is right down the street just begging for that $7,000 and the fulfillment of GoNiners destiny.

I scrolled through his IMDb. What TV/movie productions are you thinking of? He’s listed as composer on one TV show that only ran for 8 episodes, a TV movie from 1988 and a movie from 1975 called Rancho Deluxe. Lots of shows/movies with his songs on the soundtrack though

I scrolled through his IMDb. What TV/movie productions are you thinking of? He’s listed as composer on one TV show that only ran for 8 episodes, a TV movie from 1988 and a movie from 1975 called Rancho Deluxe. Lots of shows/movies with his songs on the soundtrack though
He did a song for Fern Gully and Spicolli’s theme from fast times. While neither in itself is deserving, I think from a cultural impact point of view he would have got a little more recognition from the committees.

He makes fun, stupid party music. It’s not awards committee type music. His cultural impact has been recognized by expanding the margaritaville empire and becoming a gazillionaire.

There’s culture and then there’s “culture.”

bridgeovertroubledwater.jpg

Why did my local grocery store, serving a small suburban community in Vermont, believe that at least 5 individuals would be interested in buying this while waiting for their items to be bagged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back