• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: fuck Temple University admin & NFL refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having Hunger Games for gay people is definitely a totally normal and not psychotic thing for someone to say.

Someone talk about an experience with imposter syndrome in a professional setting. Apparently, this is a trending topic in the business world, which I think is an issue of one's own making, but I also have the confidence of a white man, so they say.

The closest I have ever felt to this was when I transferred into Wake Law from a lower-tier law school. I initially thought that everyone was going to be much smarter than me, but then I realized only some of them were and some weren't, and I fell in the middle of the pack. Imposter syndrome wouldn't have allowed me to realize that. Every job takes a bit of time to figure out, and there will always be new things, and just because you don't know it a the beginning doesn't mean you won't have it eventually. Maybe I think this is being made too big a thing of because I was brought up to always "act as if."

I look forward to reading the responses after I have come back from another interview that I am not super excited about. Have a good morning, everyone.
I feel like an imposter pretty regularly. I some how landed an amazing post-doc 15 years ago which led to landing an amazing job 13 years ago, which I then parlayed into an even better job 3 years ago. I feel like my success is far more due to luck and being funny and personable rather than it is to skill as an ecologist, or a statistician. I barely passed 4th grade arithmetic class (Thanks dyslexia!) and now somehow I'm designing 22x22 matrix for stochastic population models or running negative binomial regression models on turtle count data. Most days I feel like I must be fucking it up and I am just waiting for someone to point out all my obvious errors. I mean, I can barely even sleep during a sleep study, I'm impostering all the time, man.

All My Life was always the one where you hoped to get the slow dance with the girl you liked

So is this a Father-Daughter Dance or a straight-up elementary school boys and girls dance ?

I think it was a freaks and geeks episode where they play Sailing Away by Styx at a dance and the kids think they’re in good shape bc it’s a slow dance but then the fast part kicks in and they’re screwed.

Afraid of Americans - Bowie
Pepper - Butthole Surfers
Get out of my Dreams, Get into my Car - Billy Ocean

I’m surprised school dances aren’t on the cancelled list, especially after that satanic Grammy performance!

I am a veteran of at least 7 Father-Daughter Dances. I've got a friend who went to Wake who had three daughters and attended something like 12 straight Father-Daughters Dances. Of course CMS changed their elementary school assignment about halfway through that tenure.

literally never had a father/daughter dance in my 12 years of primary education. just wasn't a thing at our school or any school that i was aware of growing up.

is this a south thing?

literally never had a father/daughter dance in my 12 years of primary education. just wasn't a thing at our school or any school that i was aware of growing up.

is this a south thing?

I guess I didn’t grow up wealthy enough in the South bc it wasn’t a thing I knew about in my youth.

A summer law clerk resume just made it to my desk. The applicant’s undergrad is UNC. Interesting timing. I think I need to see how things go tonight before objectively reviewing the resume.

is this a south thing?

They didn't have one when I was a kid but just about every school around here has them now, and you go with your daughter.

who here had a family that did debutante ball or whatever. my wife did and hated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back