• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Going To The Mattresses !!! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really am enjoying the slew of idiots who are boycotting Costco to protest their mask policy. It's really hard to believe there are this many idiots that we call countrymen.

You should watch Midsommar. I really think you would dig it. Hereditary is also very good. Ari Aster is doing things.

I still stan The Witch so hard.

Seconded for all three. Midsommar is definitely the vibier of the two after the first 20 minutes. I think my favorite horror movie is The Descent. Anybody seen that one?

I might check out Midsommar since I've heard so many people rave about it; the other two feel like they would freak me out more, but I honestly can't tell, which is why I usually just pass.

Might just go Picnic at Hanging Rock and Wicker Man to get the OG vibe if I want to test the waters.

Mother! was a movie with some horror elements that I thought was good

Yep, my last posts here were songs that El Chupe likes.

Seconded for all three. Midsommar is definitely the vibier of the two after the first 20 minutes. I think my favorite horror movie is The Descent. Anybody seen that one?

The Descent is great. If you are remotely claustrophobic, it will get to you.

I might check out Midsommar since I've heard so many people rave about it; the other two feel like they would freak me out more, but I honestly can't tell, which is why I usually just pass.

Might just go Picnic at Hanging Rock and Wicker Man to get the OG vibe if I want to test the waters.

I wrote a paper comparing the two Wicker Man movies at Wake. Part of a directed reading on Religion and Horror Film.

Does Silence of the Lambs count?

if so I'm amending my statement. I don't like the horror movies dealing with the paranormal, grotesque slashers (Friday the 13th, Halloween) or stupid monster movies.

you could argue Silence of the Lambs is suspense/thriller.

if so I'm amending my statement. I don't like the horror movies dealing with the paranormal, grotesque slashers (Friday the 13th, Halloween) or stupid monster movies.

you could argue Silence of the Lambs is suspense/thriller.

This is pet peeve of mine. When a horror movie is good, then it’s removed from the genre by critics or consumers.

wakephan09 would be a better authority on this, but it seems like horror was a genre of fiction for hundreds of years before 70s and 80s slasher films made critics create the “suspense” genre.

This is pet peeve of mine. When a horror movie is good, then it’s removed from the genre by critics or consumers.

wakephan09 would be a better authority on this, but it seems like horror was a genre of fiction for hundreds of years before 70s and 80s slasher films made critics create the “suspense” genre.

meh, movies can be multiple genres. Jaws is a monster movie, but it's also an adventure movie.

You should watch Midsommar. I really think you would dig it. Hereditary is also very good. Ari Aster is doing things.

I still stan The Witch so hard.

Yes, three awesome suggestions right here.

Also for the WTF factor but never really scary, I recommend Mother!

Also genreless but awesome (or terrible, depending on your taste) are Yorgos Lanthimos's films

The Lobster
Dogtooth
Killing of a Sacred Deer
The Favourite

All worth watching

Reactions: tic
I just head the military jets fly over. Oh well, maybe I'll remember to go outside and watch next time.

I don’t typically watch much that I would expect are traditional horror movies (like the Conjuring “universe”) but will watch things that at least appear to have more than just basic horror elements like Hereditary and Us (both of which were great)

We don't have money for unemployment payments or SNAP, but we have money for flyovers?

Jaws, Halloween (1978), silence of the lambs and the shining are my favorite horror films of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back