• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Going To The Mattresses !!! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have money for unemployment payments or SNAP, but we have money for flyovers?

Agreed. Although apparently the military pilots manning these flights have minimum hour requirements, which its makes slightly better, I guess.

About to go out and mow our yard without a rear skirt/guard on the walking mower. It's been slowly deteriorating since we moved last year and finally fell out last week. New one is on the way but our yard is getting out of hand and its stuck in delivery limbo until next week. Wearing some old jeans but RIP shins regardless.

Closest thing to a ghost story I got is this:
When I lived out in California I worked in a restaurant/wine bar that was located in one of the long block buildings in downtown Old Oakland. Supposedly the building was haunted, specifically by two ghost children (child ghosts? A boy and a girl). Long term staff had witnessed things on occasion, but I never saw anything... this was in 2017.
Except for this. One night, I was downstairs in the side room where we had the vaccum sealer set up and I was portioning up the charcuterie. I got the skin crawl feeling I was being watched. I turned around, saw nothing (I had the door open and could see straight out into the basement). Went back to work and felt it again. I went out into the basement, looked around, saw no one of course. It just felt cold and not alone. I finished the vac sealing and got out of there. Most unnerved I've felt in a long time.
There's some other times of tripped fire alarms that weren't actually tripped, people walking by reporting people inside and there's no one actually there, etc. But that's the only thing I ever experienced.

Jaws, Halloween (1978), silence of the lambs and the shining are my favorite horror films of all time.

Those are great ones. Are you a Rosemary's Baby fan? That one still gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Here's the great big flyover ! Really more of a fly through town.

Yeah, Fuck Trump.

We get 8+ flyovers a year at BofA Stadium that will raise the hair on your neck.

Here is the airplane, banking for another run.

EXcVYElXsAcYxP3

Those are great ones. Are you a Rosemary's Baby fan? That one still gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Rosemary’s Baby, The Omen, and The Exorcist were my top 3 for years.

Some of the modern horror movies are definitely in that ballpark though.

The Witch for sure cracks that list. Probably bumps Rosemary’s Baby. It’s been a few years since I’ve seen it. It’s likely an objectively better movie than The Omen, but I’m sentimental on The Omen.

If you are a parent, and you haven’t rewatched The Exorcist since having kids, do that. It’s a whole different film.

Rosemary's Baby, also dope. Big fan of Mia's look at the beginning of that movie before, well, you know.

The Witch for sure cracks that list. Probably bumps Rosemary’s Baby. It’s been a few years since I’ve seen it. It’s likely an objectively better movie than The Omen, but I’m sentimental on The Omen.

If you are a parent, and you haven’t rewatched The Exorcist since having kids, do that. It’s a whole different film.

I prefer The Omen to The Exorcist, tbh.

i think the exorcist is the scariest movie ever made, damn near perfect as a horror movie

when you read about some of the stuff it took to make it, it adds to the mystique

the story structure is perfect storytelling

she does all the things in the realm of the natural you'd do if your kid was fucked up first

doctor, psychologist, then priest

we descend into madness with them

genius film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back