• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Going To The Mattresses !!! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tried to catch a frisbee on the run under my legs

lead leg slid forward and twisted

doesn't hurt, but kinda tracks what I'm reading online about these injuries

hope it's just a sprain

I did make the catch though

thing is, I'm in the best shape I've been in in years

the idea of a six-month rehab is just devastating

really hope I'm wrong

Reminds me of the great chapter in the Fast Times at Ridgemont High book that got cut from the movie, where one of the classes has a couple of professional "Frisbee" athletes come in, who get offended when you use frisbee as a catch-all. They insist on calling it a "disc." Pretty funny. Well, I thought so. Maybe not. You have to read it.

you’re getting old. and there’s not a god damn thing you can do about it.

Tore mine toward the end of my senior year playing b-ball in Reynolds. There’s a reason they’ve got those kids to mop up sweat at games. Never been in so much pain. Still drank enough to ease the pain to somehow make it Shag on the Mag that night.

Got surgery after I graduated.

I haven’t really attempted to put DC in national context to see how bad it has been here or what stage of the curve we’re in. Just sorta staying inside, living life.

Yeah. My mom has asked me a few times how "bad" it is in Charlotte. I'm like, shit, I dunno, people have it. It's not great! Makes me wonder what number I could give that would mean something. Like if someone told me that their city had X number of cases or deaths, I wouldn't be able to draw any real conclusion other than "hey, that's bad"

Last week my boss's Down syndrome kid called 911 to invite the firemen over for pancake breakfast

thing is, I'm in the best shape I've been in in years

the idea of a six-month rehab is just devastating

really hope I'm wrong

Even if it’s torn, you may be ACL independent. I basically exploded my left knee 9 years ago. Blown acl, pcl, and partial meniscus and mcl. I was given stability tests and the option of rehab over surgery. I’ve had to learn how to jump off my right leg for Bball, but no issues other than that.

Of course, I’ll probably have to have a knee replacement at 45, but hey, live for the now.

We all agree that it’s time to #BringBackMattLauer

I just bought a skateboard. Figured it might be more fun to keep up with my kid on her scooter than lightly jogging/yelling at her to wait all the time

I just bought a skateboard. Figured it might be more fun to keep up with my kid on her scooter than lightly jogging/yelling at her to wait all the time

That's a good idea. I just waited for my oldest to learn how to ride a bike and bought myself a bike. I probably would have hurt myself on a skateboard.

But yeah, there were a couple of years there where family walks were my wife and I intermittently jogging to keep up while the other one hung back w/ the younger kids.

The worst was one on bike, one on scooter, third wanting to walk instead of sitting in stroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back