• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Going To The Mattresses !!! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what trail dkn? that's how i feel about greenbelt

also my dog randomly hates it and she loves hiking, i think there are just bad vibes there

Fran Uhler out by Bowie State. The interior trails are poorly maintained so there was some trudging aimlessly, and the main interior trail was ultimately washed out and we didn't bother trying to cross so we returned to the janky trail along the greenway, but it was still nice to be out in the fresh air. As you know, that's tough to do in our respective neighborhoods without coming into contact with other people every 10 feet.

Memorial Day weekend seems like a big waste this year. We get a flex holiday for Easter but I never used it, though I just have to use it by the end of the year.

Fran Uhler out by Bowie State. The interior trails are poorly maintained so there was some trudging aimlessly, and the main interior trail was ultimately washed out and we didn't bother trying to cross so we returned to the janky trail along the greenway, but it was still nice to be out in the fresh air. As you know, that's tough to do in our respective neighborhoods without coming into contact with other people every 10 feet.

yes and rock creek park is stupid crowded most days too

i have a combination microwave/convection oven, but have never really learned how to use the convection oven - assume I have to take out the rotating plate, etc?

yes and rock creek park is stupid crowded most days too

Yeah, most parks around here are. I would like them to reopen the Arboretum, but only open the R Street entrance and have a guard limiting the number of people that can come in. It's a great place to walk around on a nice day. But I'm sure people would find a way to ruin that too.

when i lived on the hill, i loved the anacostia river trail, could run from my house down to the boathouse or over to rfk and then take that trail all the way up to hyattsville, and it was never crowded at all

About to start day 1 of 2 8-hour virtual conference days. It's ARSC (Assoc. for Recorded Sound Collections) so it will have some cool shit, but will be a LOT of old white dudes yelling at each other and getting otherwise snarky. Could be a riot, could be a shit show. About to get stoned and get ready.

when i lived on the hill, i loved the anacostia river trail, could run from my house down to the boathouse or over to rfk and then take that trail all the way up to hyattsville, and it was never crowded at all

I used to bike the ART quite a bit, but found it could get quite crowded on weekends. Not like those trails in Virginia along the GW Pkwy, but still a lot of people. But I would usually go south from RFK rather than north, so that could be the difference. There is also the MBT trail, and while I've never experienced any incidents, there have been a lot of attacks on bikers and joggers along parts of it over the years.

yea my wife never really felt comfortable in the long isolated stretches across the river, and i don't blame her

i remember on a long run like 8 miles in i was listening to a true crime podcast and they started talking about a murder that i soon realized was like, feet away from where i currently was

for convection baking, I drop the heat a little and shorten the time

it does make the skin a little tougher, so skin the potatoes if that bothers you

These shady running routes sound scary, but then I remember some lab dude just randomly got got in my nice hood less than a mile from campus in the middle of the afternoon a few years ago, which I apparently missed by mere minutes biking back from lunch, and, man, I guess it can just happen anywhere.

yea my wife never really felt comfortable in the long isolated stretches across the river, and i don't blame her

i remember on a long run like 8 miles in i was listening to a true crime podcast and they started talking about a murder that i soon realized was like, feet away from where i currently was

My wife was complaining about not having time to jog a couple days ago, and I asked her, "why don't you just jog on the greenway after the kids go to bed like I do?" She then explained rather loudly about the privilege of being a 6'1 200 pound man to me because I am not a smart person.

These shady running routes sound scary, but then I remember some lab dude just randomly got got in my nice hood less than a mile from campus in the middle of the afternoon a few years ago, which I apparently missed by mere minutes biking back from lunch, and, man, I guess it can just happen anywhere.

My wife was complaining about not having time to jog a couple days ago, and I asked her, "why don't you just jog on the greenway after the kids go to bed like I do?" She then explained rather loudly about the privilege of being a 6'1 200 pound man to me because I am not a smart person.

yea i mean to this end, the shady running routes are beautiful riverside trails that i relished the opportunity to run on every week but my wife found to be murdery and unsafe

Isn't it just mostly a bunch of closeted gay dudes hooking up in the woods on those trails after dark.

Isn't it just mostly a bunch of closeted gay dudes hooking up in the woods on those trails after dark.

Oh man, that's super terrible. But like, where exactly is that happening and do you have contact information for the people doing it? You know, so I can totally avoid that area and all the gay dudes hooking up.

there's a part of a park near me that's a gay cruising zone

took me a minute to figure out why there were so many dudes on the benches and hanging out in cars

I also once ran past this dude that was nailing this woman in the passenger seat -- had my brother's dog with me and was pretty glad he didn't get to curious about it

It’s either that or put cigarettes out on my arm in a dark closet to burn the gay away, Biff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back