• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Going To The Mattresses !!! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh, the line is the Mason Dixon line, which is the border between PA and MD. Maryland was stuck as an occupied territory

Baltimore in particular had a lot of pro-secession elements. See Baltimore riot of 1861.

Iowa sucks; bottom tier state. It's prone to hot summers and very cold winters. It's like 90% white (no diversity) and outside of the college towns there's nothing going. Hard pass.

In college, we went to a mock trial tournament in Des Moines. We got back to the hotel around 9:30 on a Friday night and asked the front desk what restaurants were still open. The attendant pulled out a map and circled a Subway and a 24-hour McDonald's. It was also freezing the whole time, and this was early April.

Hey Biff, just curious but as a mod do you get to read all the pms from this site

I know mods powers were expanding at one point

I'd rather live in Baltimore than Iowa.

This is pretty unfair. The places I'd rather live than Iowa is...a long list. The fact that this actually might be a decision worth some thought demonstrates how shit Baltimore is.

the first (and only as of today) Great Clips to open in Pittsburgh has a wait time of 180+ minutes

50th anniversary of the Dock Ellis LSD no-no

I'm pretty sure it was the Spring of 1973 when there were about 50-75 people all tripping the same night (it wasn't organized. It just happened) with most of them on The Quad with the majority of Deacs not realizing what was going on.

I just ate a whole can of Pringles. Probably time to start drinking now. #beachlife

rj have you ever read electric kool aid acid test

Hey Biff, just curious but as a mod do you get to read all the pms from this site

I know mods powers were expanding at one point

can you imagine a message board without mods? THEY'RE ALL ON A POWER TRIP LET'S DEFUND THEM

uh, the line is the Mason Dixon line, which is the border between PA and MD. Maryland was stuck as an occupied territory

i'm not about to GOOGLE things but i thought maryland didn't secede right?

@chupe you pick anything up from bandcamp today?

I got the Shabaka and the Ancestors album available from there (not their most recent), but I don't really have too much cash at the moment. May look around -- Alan Lomax Archives just made available a Bessie Jones/Sea Island Singers thing, the proceeds of which will go to a good cause.

i cashed in a few gift cards yesterday to politics and prose and kramer books and bought like $200 of books on antiracist reading lists and also carrie by stephen king

Here is a young Jerome Garcia (far right) listening to Bessie Jones and the Georgia Sea Island Singers, I think at Ralph Rinzler's house. Connected to Rinzler in some way, anyway.

EZxDGwJWkAI3_uJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back