• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Going To The Mattresses !!! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a former Chicago Fire and (now former) LA Galaxy player got cut because of racist posts his wife made on social media about the protests

not sure how I feel about firing someone for something their wife said

How about some good Wake news?

There is an active search committee working on locating and vetting a replacement for Nathan Hatch. The likely target date for the new person to takeover is 18-24 months with an outside possibility of it happening 12-18 (unlikely).

The sun may be coming up soon from our long nightmare.

a former Chicago Fire and (now former) LA Galaxy player got cut because of racist posts his wife made on social media about the protests

not sure how I feel about firing someone for something their wife said

lol, I'll be fucking slaughtered. I love my wife, she's the kindest person I know. But I did not marry her for her ability to exercise restraint on social media.

How about some good Wake news?

There is an active search committee working on locating and vetting a replacement for Nathan Hatch. The likely target date for the new person to takeover is 18-24 months with an outside possibility of it happening 12-18 (unlikely).

The sun may be coming up soon from our long nightmare.

DISCLOSE YOUR SAUCE :)

This stings. Just when I thought Junebug was cool. Not all of us can afford a boat, bro.

It's just a shitty take. Surf fishing is a great way to pass the morning or evening in the summer and sometimes catch some cool fish. But, If you are a surf fisher who wants to fish on an crowded beach in the middle of the afternoon in June, you're fucking rude. Surf fishing when the reds are running in the fall is a blast and anyone who looks down on it is misinformed

Oh, did someone mention my ghost sighting? Well, let me tell you, it was the craziest thing...

Weird synchronicity of the day today was Facebook reminding me I shared a cool picture of Tom Waits hanging out with Elvis Costello on this date at some point previously, to show how hip and into those cats I am, and then I was lying on my bed this evening, shuffling my fourth/fifth generation iPod that hasn't been plugged into the internet or a computer in at least a year, probably more, and it played Elvis and Waits BACK TO BACK. Wild shit, man. Vibrations.

Last edited:
Y'all talking Iowa Writers Workshop? It's no Michener Center, but it's alright. I know a bunch of grads.

Also, townie, you might remember 2020 non-fiction graduate JULIA LUCAS, Myers park and NC State track star!

My opinion is based on the fact that I’m a surfer, not a boat owner. I’ve gotten hooked more times than I can remember, and every time the fisherman was a redneck asshole.

Separate question. Why do surfers love to surf near piers, man? Hooks and sharks. Just seems a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back