• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Going To The Mattresses !!! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a standard selection question? That seems like a dumb question. Why would you have to send an innocent person to jail?

You don't have to do anything as a juror, right? Your duty is to listen to evidence presented and decide for yourself on a vote towards a verdict, right? Seems like a horrible question.

You don't have to do anything as a juror, right? Your duty is to listen to evidence presented and decide for yourself on a vote towards a verdict, right? Seems like a horrible question.

It's a good question. If you're a defense attorney it potentially eliminates the Karen who sits there and says, "well, he's probably innocent, but I just can't vote to acquit, because what if he really did do it and I let a killer on the street?"

i recall on the Rewatchables podcast they were talking about how The Hangover couldn't get made today. Same with Wedding Crashers. I'm a huge fan of both.

Last edited:
It's a good question. If you're a defense attorney it potentially eliminates the Karen who sits there and says, "well, he's probably innocent, but I just can't vote to acquit, because what if he really did do it and I let a killer on the street?"

In the case of the person who answers they'd imprison all 10? I get that, I guess. But it also seems like you could ask a more precise question.

Do you get to ask clarifying questions, like the 9 to 1, is it all charged with the same crime, is it 9 murders to a shoplifter, is it 9 shoplifters to a murder. Need that societal cost benefit ratio.

if it was 999/1, what's your answer?

I really don't know. I'd like to say that it needs to be a zero for me to have a conversation, but what if it was 1,000,000,000/1? Somewhere I guess I'm willing to accept errors and that doesn't make me particularly happy.

I finally watched Bloodsport the other day, and now understand Mako's Kumite reference. It was an all right movie for mindless entertaining, but I could have done without the shot of JCVD's ass. I know you do a lot of squats, bro, you don't have to prove it to me.

In the case of the person who answers they'd imprison all 10? I get that, I guess. But it also seems like you could ask a more precise question.

There are different styles of voir dire, but, when given the opportunity, I like to ask very general questions like "do you have any stickers or special plates on your car?"

Federal court in my district doesn't allow the attorneys to conduct voir dire. It's not a federal right. I don't know of any states that prevent attorneys from conducting the voir dire.

here's a challenge

see how long you can make it in this 2 minute video

There are different styles of voir dire, but, when given the opportunity, I like to ask very general questions like "do you have any stickers or special plates on your car?"

Federal court in my district doesn't allow the attorneys to conduct voir dire. It's not a federal right. I don't know of any states that prevent attorneys from conducting the voir dire.

No attorney-led voir dire in SC. We can submit questions to the judge, who will then ask whichever ones he or she feels like.

here's a challenge

see how long you can make it in this 2 minute video

Oof. I wanted to stop at Aaron Paul. They're just so...dramatic. Like, that same voice you guys use to act "serious" doesn't work when you need to actually be serious.

Oof. I wanted to stop at Aaron Paul. They're just so...dramatic. Like, that same voice you guys use to act "serious" doesn't work when you need to actually be serious.

My analysis went like this, "ok, if this isn't just masturbation, then there must be a meaningful audience. Then I legitimately couldn't image a person who would be positively impacted by this message in a meaningful way. So, I don't want to watch those people masturbate."

Reflecting on this, the whole video undermines what it means to take responsibility. Taking responsibility requires action. What are the action other than public masturbation that these people are taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back