• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: I worked out with a dumbell yesterday, I feel vigorous

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting up tomorrow and going to work. It doesn’t matter which political party is in charge. If there is an issue that someone feels strongly about then I will do my best to be respectful and I definitely listen. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I don’t.

But for some people, whether or not they can get up and/or go to work depends on party polices. It’s a privilege for your life not to depend on party.

It’s also about interests. What if there was a political party with an anti-pickle platform? They firmly belief that pickling cucumbers and other vegetables is wrong and against God’s purpose for vegetables. Cucumbers are to be eaten raw and maybe in salad’s but pickling them is wrong. You’d be against that platform even if you life didn’t depend on pickles. You’d think it was an absurd position. You’d sympathize for people whose lives do depend on pickles. And people who don’t even like cucumbers or pickles would be against agree with you because they think it’s foolish.

what the hell are you talking about

Mt. Olive likes pickles. If pickles were politicized, he’d care more about politics.

Got Thai food, wife brought back a bunch of good beer from The Veil, happy Sunday evening

I convinced her to watch Andor with me, and she wasn’t super into the first 3 or 4 but she wanted to pick it back up right when she got home tonight.

Also I’m proud of her for pursuing an interest like she did this weekend with doula training, regardless of if it turns into anything or not

Also also happy to not have both kids in my charge again, that was a lot of fuckin work. And biff’s dawgs really messed things up for the playoffs. Sheesh.

Last edited:
But for some people, whether or not they can get up and/or go to work depends on party polices. It’s a privilege for your life not to depend on party.

It’s also about interests. What if there was a political party with an anti-pickle platform? They firmly belief that pickling cucumbers and other vegetables is wrong and against God’s purpose for vegetables. Cucumbers are to be eaten raw and maybe in salad’s but pickling them is wrong. You’d be against that platform even if you life didn’t depend on pickles. You’d think it was an absurd position. You’d sympathize for people whose lives do depend on pickles. And people who don’t even like cucumbers or pickles would be against agree with you because they think it’s foolish.

As I said, I listen and try to be respectful. I don’t always need to agree but I will do my best to show respect and compassion.

If I ever become President Pickles are the third thing I’m outlawing.

Birds shit on my car and pickles don’t. Pickles are better, especially if you are a vegetarian.

Birds shit on my car and pickles don’t. Pickles are better, especially if you are a vegetarian.
Your first point is totally valid. Your second point isn’t but that’s ok.

See everyone, productive discourse, changing minds, right here on the CT.

Ok, so I won’t ban pickles nationally, I’ll just ban them from the whitehouse.

It 100% comes from a place of privilege. Thats why I ask. Because I can’t possibly understand outside of being the middle aged white hetero business guy. I’m the privilege poster child and know it.

So yeah…my questions may seem stupid to a lot of you but they come from truly wanting to understand as much as possible.
Catching up, but you, and probs me, are the poster children for changing for the better. I had a head start.

As I said, I listen and try to be respectful. I don’t always need to agree but I will do my best to show respect and compassion.
Really hard to delve into this w/out zeroing in on specific topics, but this sounds a lot like "thoughts and prayers" variety compassion and not actual compassion with the way you phrased both these posts. When I feel compassion towards someone who is at risk in this country I do what I can to make their life safer or better in tangible ways. This can be as small as not voting for someone who is running on a platform that actively threatens them, or as big as canvassing, fighting misinformation, donating my time/money etc.

If you aren't doing the bare minimum to actually show said compassion, I'm not personally sold on the whole "bless your heart" style "compassion" that a lot of southerners in positions of privilege throw around.

I don't know you and I'm not claiming this 100% applies to you FWIW, but you probably couldn't have made two more noncommittal posts back-to-back, and to me that typically reads a certain way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back