• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ish Smith Cray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife was out of town several years ago so I watched ET with our kids. Oops. There was some good ol fashioned 80s content that probs wouldn't be in a pg movie now but when ET died my daughter started crying and looked at me with tears in her eyes "is ET going to be ok... please tell me..."

Boy did I feel like father of the year.
When I used to work for a summer camp, one movie night someone made the BIG mistake of queueing up The Lion King for the youngest campers. Let me just tell you, a movie where the central plot device is the death of a father is not the ideal choice for a bunch of 6-8 year olds one week into two weeks away from their families.

We used to have a dog in the bed but once he passed away, that was enough of that. We since got two dogs and each of them get shoved off the bed with extreme prejudice if they try to jump up.

Plus one of them snores like a a sick old man. I can barely sleep with him in the room in a dog bed as it is.
My current dog among his many "wonderful" qualities is a serial rapist and he will hump the shit out of anyone EVERY SINGLE time they are under a blanket. Sitting on the couch with a blanket, humping. Sitting quietly next to you and you a grab a blanket, humping. Invite him up on the bed, humping. He serious is the worst. We've kept this asshole alive for 12 years now.

oh man i had testicular torsion once when I was in middle school or early high school

excruciating -- no surgery though

they did do an ultrasound on my balls

When I used to work for a summer camp, one movie night someone made the BIG mistake of queueing up The Lion King for the youngest campers. Let me just tell you, a movie where the central plot device is the death of a father is not the ideal choice for a bunch of 6-8 year olds one week into two weeks away from their families.
i have two adopted sisters and I guess I didn't realize how many kids movies are about abandoned kids or dying parents til I was sensitive to their situation

Netflix's Trash Truck is hella dope if your kid is into Trash Trucks like my 4 year old is. We're also big fans of Stinky and Dirty on Prime. Both shows high on the problem solving #content. Those are pretty much the only shows we watch with a little Daniel Tiger or Curious George sprinkled in here and there.

As far as movies go, my kiddo is pretty #sensitive so we're treading lightly there. We've watched some Winnie the Pooh movies and those have been mostly fine. Tried to watch the Curious George feature film with his mom a couple weeks ago and he got pretty upset with the front desk clerk drying to hunt George down. My guy is empathetic to the nth degree. I'll never forget the time we blind read The Digger and the Flower to him the first time. He LOST it when the bulldozer wrecked the flower #spoilers. Little dude was inconsolable for like 30 minutes. Couldn't understand why the bulldozer would be such an asshole. Great opportunity to teach him about the cruel soulless realities of capitalism.
oh shit never heard of Trash Truck but my 3 yo will be all over this shit. he fucking loves trucks.

My current dog among his many "wonderful" qualities is a serial rapist and he will hump the shit out of anyone EVERY SINGLE time they are under a blanket. Sitting on the couch with a blanket, humping. Sitting quietly next to you and you a grab a blanket, humping. Invite him up on the bed, humping. He serious is the worst. We've kept this asshole alive for 12 years now.
got a little Mississippi Leg Hound in him

i have two adopted sisters and I guess I didn't realize how many kids movies are about abandoned kids or dying parents til I was sensitive to their situation
yeah will be interesting when we finally have that talk with our son whenever he's old enough to process.

oh shit never heard of Trash Truck but my 3 yo will be all over this shit. he fucking loves trucks.
It's dope as hell, and the episodes are super short. We try to limit to an hour or less of screen time a day, and we give him fake coins as his budget each day. We essentially break up values based on "episodes of Trash Truck". It's literally how he understands time. "It will take about X episodes of Trash Truck to drive to X".

also on the subject of traumatic movies, tried watching Monsters Inc with him one day since he pointed to it on the Disney+ menu, but I forgot that the whole opening scene is about, you know, monsters terrifying children at night.

then we also tried Nightmare Before Christmas, and, yeah

got a little Mississippi Leg Hound in him
It's definitely a compulsion. It keeps us from being able to exercise him with play with other dogs. Unless they are the perfect amount of assertive, he either gets his ass kicked or victimizes poor submissive dogs for HOURS. We had a friend/coworker who has a really cool and chill husky mix. We dog sat for him one weekend and Deacon the Dog humped that poor SOB mercilessly. He couldn't stop. He would give you this look of shame and slavery to his addiction.

said this on the movie thread, but the movie Broker had me bawling re: adoption/parents/etc.

watched in a theater with my sister -- haven't cried that much in years

Juice when I was 16 I had a pretty horrific sports injury where I basically tore my right groin and ass cheek and I had to do some pretty intensive PT and my physical therapist was one of the most attractive women I'd ever seen, plus she was Indian and the added exotic quality for a 16 year old from Whitebread Mountain Nc made being basically nude from the waist-down and having my nether regions worked on one of the most difficult experiences of my life. I remember mentally screaming at my manhood to remain flaccid during those ultrasounds.

Juice when I was 16 I had a pretty horrific sports injury where I basically tore my right groin and ass cheek and I had to do some pretty intensive PT and my physical therapist was one of the most attractive women I'd ever seen, plus she was Indian and the added exotic quality for a 16 year old from Whitebread Mountain Nc made being basically nude from the waist-down and having my nether regions worked on one of the most difficult experiences of my life. I remember mentally screaming at my manhood to remain flaccid during those ultrasounds.

nevertheless, he persisted

how in the hell did you do that

I got stung by a bee on the dick at soccer practice when I was like 15 or 16

That was miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back