• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: It's a cruel cruel summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kidding. Enjoy! I see people all the time with kids in the bucket or on the back and I’m just like yes that’s awesome

My wife got a formal offer for the spot she's interviewed with the last couple weeks. Just reviewing all the details and probably gonna sign in the next 24 hours + let her boss know. They want her to start sometime between September 5 through 19 to get onboard and working with the rest of the managerial staff before they start new staff training in October. She wants to give her current spot 3 weeks notice so she can handle the transition well/not burn any bridges any more than she needs to. Her current boss tends to be "you're either with us or against us" but like she's been there for five years and is taking a step in her career that's obviously a great one so I can't imagine he's TOO upset right?!

My wife got a formal offer for the spot she's interviewed with the last couple weeks. Just reviewing all the details and probably gonna sign in the next 24 hours + let her boss know. They want her to start sometime between September 5 through 19 to get onboard and working with the rest of the managerial staff before they start new staff training in October. She wants to give her current spot 3 weeks notice so she can handle the transition well/not burn any bridges any more than she needs to. Her current boss tends to be "you're either with us or against us" but like she's been there for five years and is taking a step in her career that's obviously a great one so I can't imagine he's TOO upset right?!
Never understimate the ability of someone to be a narcissistic douchenozzle. IF they boards have taught you nothing at least you should know that

if they're mad at that then fuck 'em

You owe no loyalty to any employer and especially not to one who would get bent out of shape over an employee advancing their career.

Last week my son had a 90 minute practice when it was 108. I did not recognize him for a moment when I picked him up because he was so red.
If there’s anyway you can not let him go to those practices, I recommend stopping him. That’s crazy. Heat stroke risk is super dangerous.

I know it’s been out a while, but I was not expecting “spent two years in a Mexican prison for smuggling people” as part of the “what have you done since American Gladiators" portion of that Netflix documentary series.

Last edited:
whenever i'm annoyed with a service person. I just ask...is it really worth going full Timmy on them?
Two working parents in different parts of Dallas left with only one car with one set of car seats, I had few other options. I got the loaner though. I think it was one of the women on the Bachelor who said it best, I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to win. That's how I live my life, one rose at a time.

timmy what's going on with the job search what linkedin posts can i boost

Two working parents in different parts of Dallas left with only one car with one set of car seats, I had few other options. I got the loaner though. I think it was one of the women on the Bachelor who said it best, I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to win. That's how I live my life, one rose at a time.
there is at least a 50/50 chance that we end up seeing Timmy in some sort of Tiffany Gomas type video

You owe no loyalty to any employer and especially not to one who would get bent out of shape over an employee advancing their career.
Yeah absolutely. I think with the overall circumstances he really can't be upset. She's transitioning to a group that has one of the best known drink program heads in the entire Northeast and it's a super tight industry at large. So if anything he'll probably just be mad that guy is poaching her (which to be entirely fair, seems to be what he did lol).

numbers what neighborhood of bahstan is yr wine shop in

my fiance used to live in South End and there was a lovely wine shop around the corner

Speaking of shitty service providers, we've been stuck with Spectrum for the past 5 years since it was either them or Frontier. $99/month for 500 Mbps.

Finally got Google Fiber in the neighborhood and they're coming by on Monday to get us connected. $70/month for 1 Gbps. Spectrum can go get fucked.
we supposedly only have Spectrum, but there are AT&T lines that run right past our house (a Duke truck ran over a post a few months ago and I called the AT&T # on it to report. They installed the lines a few years ago prior to our road getting repaved. But their site still says it's not available in my area, and this thread just prompted me to look again.

numbers what neighborhood of bahstan is yr wine shop in my fiance used to live in South End
It's in Coolidge Corner/Brookline Village in Brookline.

Love the South End, it's continued to blow up the last few years as far as a destination spot.

Yeah absolutely. I think with the overall circumstances he really can't be upset. She's transitioning to a group that has one of the best known drink program heads in the entire Northeast and it's a super tight industry at large. So if anything he'll probably just be mad that guy is poaching her (which to be entirely fair, seems to be what he did lol).
i'd give my left arm to have someone trying to poach my team. Means you have talent

If there’s anyway you can not let him go to those practices, I recommend stopping him. That’s crazy. Heat stroke risk is super dangerous.
The coach shortened the next practice to 60 minutes and they spent most of the time in the shade game planning instead of doing drills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back