• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread lame titles. Owning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of y'all do or have done on you the HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE finger in butt thing for Valentimes?! I'm not saying I did but I'm not saying I didn't either!!!!!!! HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIIIDDDEEEEE

Hi friends, checking in as your resident trash person. Locked the kid and the keys in the car, had to call the fire department, found the spare keys later.

Hi friends, checking in as your resident trash person. Locked the kid and the keys in the car, had to call the fire department, found the spare keys later.

Still better than people who willingly leave their dogs in hot cars.

Interesting stuff. My period of expertise is very much, much later -- thirteen centuries, approximately -- so things had changed a bit.

It makes a lot of sense that shorter bits like Paul's letters would have circulated independently and only made their way into a more comprehensive biblical composite when someone actually sat down and thought about what belonged and what didn't. The kind of arguments that i frequently make point out that this hypothetical compiler had as much, if not more, influence on the Book we read today than did any first or second century religious figure. I have colleagues doing very interesting work on biblical apocryphal, especially on those spurious books that circulated for many years with more canonical bits but didn't make it in KJV or the Vulgate or whatever.

Deacdixieboy should chime in here because his research is super relevant to this conversation.

Better watch that date! The Muratorian Canon is widely believed to date back to the late Second Century. To hear Metzger tell it, and he did lean conservative, the gospels, Acts, and Pauline epistles were pretty much universally accepted very early on. The real debate was over books like James, Jude, 2 Peter, Revelation, and a couple of others. The Orthodox Church took forever to formally accept Revelation, and I believe Luther rejected it altogether. If memory serves, the books that were excluded were not so much the Gnostic Gospels as they were books like 1 Clement and the Shepherd of Hermas, and never really gained any significant traction.

I'd love to hear deacdixie chime in, although a new thread may be more appropriate than cluttering up the CT

Well now I feel inadequate. Saw this article on Facebook posted by a former teacher of mine about a couple who runs a charity farm near Silicon Valley in their spare time of being a nuclear engineer and Facebook employee. I was good friends with the guy in high school but we lost touch. Think the last time I heard from him was when he talked shit to me after UF beat Wake in some preseason bball tourney the year they won their first natty.

http://www.businessinsider.com/face...e-home-and-do-stuff-on-the-farm-sweet-says-13

I heard an interview with her on NPR. Have you seen this?

:heart: Pharrell's reactions.

So sweet! I even love the way she dances to her own music in her video-- it's nerdy, but is basically the same way I'd dance to it in my room at home haha, like no cares, just move. Ugh so good.

Sup CT, only 2:45 until your boy splits this banana (stand) and heads to NEW YORK CITY!

Any good synagogues I should check out?

Supposed to be almost 70 tomorrow in DC and mid-60s Sunday. Thanks, climate change, for some awesome long weekend weather!

Supposed to be almost 70 tomorrow in DC and mid-60s Sunday. Thanks, climate change, for some awesome long weekend weather!

I'm actually kind of bummed that it is going to be in the 50's and 60's this weekend in NYC. I was looking forward to wearing my (newly cleaned and fixed up) peacoat for one weekend.

Any good synagogues I should check out?

podcast advertising strikes again

Mac Weldon stuff is legit. The T shirts were a little longer than I like so returned them but they're great quality. The hoodie is really nice.

How goes #braskyinlove?

Pretty good dude. We're both still bubbly and the weekends we see each other are electric. I guess that is the advantage to long distance.

I'm visiting this weekend and then we're headed to Belize in three weeks for SPRING BREAK FOREVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back