• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Logorrhea !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave jizz at the office, but also live in a place with real hospitals instead of witch doctors.

Our doctor was in Winston. They have a real medical school and real hospitals and everything.

Femara here for kid #1. It worked eventually but don't recall the timelines exactly. Prob about half a year on that med.

Crazy how common all this is. It is like the beginning of idiocracy.

They had some rather ratty looking magazines. Don't think they had a TV. Was interesting because I was the only male in the waiting room not there with a female partner. Everyone knows what that means.

My office had a binder of ratty random pages ripped from magazines that presumably some poor soul had to curate. Shudder. And there was a tv I think but who would touch that remote. I should have taken a picture it was basically the stereotype.

Yeah, I think with #1 we "tried" for like 7-8 months (starting with just going off the pill, then moving into tracking ovulation and what not) before going on Clomid. Second month on Clomid conceived. I had been on the pill for 8-10 years at that point, and I think my body had a hard time coming off it. I had weird long cycles and sometimes not ovulating.

For #2 we tried for probably a similar time frame (although cycles were more normal). About a month before considering asking the doc whether we should do any additional testing, ended up conceiving.

3 years and 3 months (to the day) between kids. Were aiming for 3 years, so not too off from that ;-)

thanks for sharing the stories. it's tough, and when you get your monthly notice you're not pregnant it's very hard.

thanks for sharing the stories. it's tough, and when you get your monthly notice you're not pregnant it's very hard.

It is and it's no easier when you're trying for the 2nd.

Had to jizz in a cup and rush it to a labcorp warehouse with like a shady side door you had to be buzzed into. Then I handed the nurse my cup of warm jizz, signed some paperwork, and went to work. It was an interesting experience. I was hoping for a nice brisk prostate massage from an overweight German orderly, but alas, c'est la vie.

We had both Kids literally on the first month of trying (not even trying with #2...just not careful). No rhyme or reason to it, 'cause I definitely partake of certain personal behaviors that allegedly reduce the boys' swimming ability and I always figured it would take a while, but just goes to show how the whole babymakin' thing is weird science and absurd and hopefully no one feels like he/she is to blame for it not happening quickly or easily.

I'm not trying to one-up anybody here, but getting pregnant after taking shots for a few months and going through all of that plus a couple of IVF cycles aren't in the same ballpark. They're really not even the same sport. I speak from experience because my wife did both over the course of ten years. Thankfully we avoided any miscarriages.

I'm not trying to one-up anybody here, but getting pregnant after taking shots for a few months and going through all of that plus a couple of IVF cycles aren't in the same ballpark. They're really not even the same sport. I speak from experience because my wife did both over the course of ten years. Thankfully we avoided any miscarriages.

No doubt, but they're both difficult emotionally.

we're on to the shots now. wife takes some pills after her period concludes, we get a shot shipped to us. she goes and gets an ultrasound to determine if she has follicles, if enough I give her the shot and we have at it. we've done this for maybe 6 months but at the moment we cannot afford IVF, and we're also hoping to buy a house next year. they have something called Simply IVF where you fertilize fewer eggs and incubate the in the womb, so that's probably our next step.

Very true and very good point.

We have good friends who just had their second a month or two ago. Both her via IVF. I think the first might have been on their first cycle? But the second took multiple cycles and at least one miscarriage. Very tough.

We also have good friends who have an adorable adopted two year old (and are seeking a second) after trying to conceive for years. And others who are starting their adoption journey.

wait, you think Scrooged-- fucking Scrooged-- is peak Bill Murray?

I am trying very hard here to c o n s i d e r t h e s o u r c e but every once in a while there is an opinion that is too backwards to not spend time on

Whatever you say chief. I didn't say it WAS peak Bill Murray, but that is was "about peak" - I was careless with the wording but what I really meant was that it was one of his better roles and I thought he was perfectly cast. I did not get the feeling that he mailed it in, as others have said, but what do I know?

I really never knew that people didn't like Scrooged. It has great random cameos, great bit characters, some really funny parts... I'm an easy grader when it comes to movies but I always enjoy it.

Whatever you say chief. I didn't say it WAS peak Bill Murray, but that is was "about peak" - I was careless with the wording but what I really meant was that it was one of his better roles and I thought he was perfectly cast. I did not get the feeling that he mailed it in, as others have said, but what do I know?

I really never knew that people didn't like Scrooged. It has great random cameos, great bit characters, some really funny parts... I'm an easy grader when it comes to movies but I always enjoy it.

Rolling Stone Readers poll has it at #8

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/pictures/readers-poll-the-20-greatest-bill-murray-movies-20140318/11-zombieland-0994545

I've already gotten a few Xmas gifts for the better half, but I'm struggling with the "BIG" gift. Any of you fellas have any guidance? I assume the big rock she got a month or so ago doesn't count.

PIITB.

today's wife's 32nd bday and she wants no part in celebrating because she feels like a failure for not having conceived yet. we're celebrating this weekend, but I really wanted to cook her dinner or do something nice for her tonight. was able to convince her finally.

PIITB.

When ex-mrs-diggler has 1&2, I was basically given a 1982 sears catalog and a copy of barely legal, and a small checkup bed (with paper on it) to handle things. 4 years later I did it for #3 and they had upgraded substantially. Nice tv, good dvd selection, etc. plus a nice recliner to crank it in.

Doesn't work for everyone I know, but after a few years after our kids were born by mutual agreement we stopped exchanging gifts between the two of us; birthday and valentines day are it.

We rarely exchange gifts for anything. Just if one or both of us is struck with a good idea. For anniversary we sometimes have a nicer dinner or take a trip or something.

pretty amazing how as a teen and younger person how cautious you try to be but then when you actually try to have a kid how damn hard it actually is to conceive

It is truly crazy how different it is trying TO vs trying NOT to and how stressful each can be. We have been very fortunate in this arena but I am an over researcher and reading books and ovulation tracking and stuff it’s like HOW DOES ANYONE GET PREGNANT?!

Having followed a friend’s fertility journey through IVF I’m sending all the vibes to you guys trying. It feels very unfair that some people have to go through so much expense (emotionally and financially) for something that for others happens literally by accident, in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back