• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Logorrhea !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah for the last two years my SIL has given my wife and I framed photos of my niece. I'm like this counts as a gift? Is this a common practice?

Yeah for the last two years my SIL has given my wife and I framed photos of my niece. I'm like this counts as a gift? Is this a common practice?

I think it's acceptable for grandparents.

I love my family, but I would like to pick out the photos of them that I print to put up in the house/in the office.

For the kids, obvi.

(I say this tongue in cheek, kind of. It's the main reason separated/divorced parents would do anything together... and I applaud those who can do it civilly).

Probably grandkids in this situation.

Got gift certificates to The Dabney, Kinship, and Politics and Prose. Gonna go to The Dabney in early January. Thinking of doing Inn at Little Washington for wife's bday in May. Trying to start our once a month fancy dinner back up. Still need to do so many good places:

Pineapple and Pearl
Rose's Luxury
Little Serow
Komi
Sushi Taro
Maketto (<10 minute walk)

Have done:
Zaytinya
Minibar
Fiola Mare
Rasika
All Purpose
Daikaya
Graffiato (meh)

Wife went to Bad Saint without me.

Got gift certificates to The Dabney, Kinship, and Politics and Prose. Gonna go to The Dabney in early January. Thinking of doing Inn at Little Washington for wife's bday in May. Trying to start our once a month fancy dinner back up. Still need to do so many good places:

Pineapple and Pearl
Rose's Luxury
Little Serow
Komi
Sushi Taro

Have done:
Zaytinya
Minibar
Fiola Mare
Rasika
All Purpose
Daikaya
Graffiato (meh)

Add Kinship and Metier

One of the Bug's classmate's mom is co-owner of Bad Saint. I need to finagle that into some sort of invite at some point.

I think it's acceptable for grandparents.

I love my family, but I would like to pick out the photos of them that I print to put up in the house/in the office.

We're giving this year's school pic framed to both grandparents. But I would never give that to aunts and uncles. Probably would only ever consider giving them a framed pic if it was a good one of the cousins together or something.

Pineapple and Pearl
Rose's Luxury
Little Serow
Komi
Sushi Taro

Have done:
Zaytinya
Minibar
Fiola Mare
Rasika
All Purpose
Daikaya
Graffiato (meh)

#thattrustfundlife

We host the big Christmas dinner and present exchange and my kids like both of my parents. They can act like grownups for one afternoon.

Mid tier restaurants are starting to get a little insane with their prices. I mean $300 for 2 for Shabu Shabu is a little overkill.

Lemonade on vinyl

Finish up some work, get on the road early afternoon, heading down to Charlotte

Mid tier restaurants are starting to get a little insane with their prices. I mean $300 for 2 for Shabu Shabu is a little overkill.

Yeah, I’m with you on this. Dropping $300 for two on dinner is no longer a fancy night out, it’s just kind of expected.

Anyone seen a movie in 4dx? Going to see the new Star Wars (finally) tonight and it’s 4dx. I’m a little nervous that I’m going to hate it.

It's a ghost town downtown today. Yesterday morning going into the office I was one of three people on the T from my stop to work - normally it's absolutely packed. Contributing to this I imagine is the fact that it was 5 degrees and felt like -14 this morning when I left.

If it was a picture of our entire family or something, that would be one thing, but framed pics of just my sister and just my parents is sort of weird thing to hang in my house. Obviously, Wife is thrilled.

Biff, any laid back Mexican or sushi dinner joints in uptown Charlotte?

Questioning why I'm going to this bowl game, but it's something to do and at this point we just need to get away from our kids for a night.

Cantina 1511 is solid. O-Ku is the best sushi in town IMHO - probably 2 miles from uptown at most in South End.

Questioning why I'm going to this bowl game, but it's something to do and at this point we just need to get away from our kids for a night.

I'm going to get crunk with a bunch of friends and as a plus get to see Wake play TAMU which doesn't happen every day.

Got a pretty cheap flight to Charlotte and a cheap spot to stay. Good enough way to spend 48 hours IMO.

Vida is good and laid back mexican. For sushi go to Rusan's on Park....short drive from uptown but totally worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back