• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Logorrhea !

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you watch rick and morty

giphy.gif

Making an offer on a house (holy fuck, this always happens so fast) and I just wrote one of those LETTERS to the owner. Funny.

I assume this house has a freaky dungeon basement setup

It has a rooftop patio where one could get strong under the light of the moon.

What letters?

We’re in the market and I don’t know about the letter.

So, I haven't seen a thread on this here or it even mentioned. Are we just not talking about the racist sorority girl from Wake who just got expelled?

What letters?

We’re in the market and I don’t know about the letter.

the letter where you tell the sellers how much you love the house and all the things about it and how you can't wait to take the next steps with your family in that home. you basically square up and hit them straight in the feels. worked for us to get asking price on a sweet house in a seller's market.

So, I haven't seen a thread on this here or it even mentioned. Are we just not talking about the racist sorority girl from Wake who just got expelled?

I had to look that up; definitely not a widely-publicized thing. I don't disagree with the school's actions... unfortunately, it's impossible for them to actually crack down on this to the degree in which it occurs.

semi-related: wtf is a 'finsta'? I think we should all voluntarily give up smartphones for the greater societal good. I swear, between this and the tide pod crap... every damn day people are proving that we don't deserve to have nice things.

the letter where you tell the sellers how much you love the house and all the things about it and how you can't wait to take the next steps with your family in that home. you basically square up and hit them straight in the feels. worked for us to get asking price on a sweet house in a seller's market.

Yeah, I did some stalking and figured out a few things about the family, then worked in some similar shit into my letter. DIABOLICAL. Think I would be more successful if I'd just invited the dad (who seems to be into the Dead) to come over afterwards and get strong with me on the porch and listen to Prince Caspian, but I guess that's not how these letters work.

How do you white people like to get strong these days? Vape pens, rolling fatties, edibles? All of the above?

We are buying a house. It sat for months with no offers and then another one came in the day before we offered. My “letter” was “offers full asking price.”

Yeah, someone else also has an offer on this house, although we've now offered full asking price, so assume we have the leg up. We don't even have our current house ready to list, so if our offer is accepted (today?), we are going to be busy as a deuce over the next while.

Duke Energy has been spamming warning messages “expect a huge ass bill after that bitter cold, sucker!” Okay, that wasn’t verbatim, but I’m definitely worried about the electric bill.

Duke Energy has been spamming warning messages “expect a huge ass bill after that bitter cold, sucker!” Okay, that wasn’t verbatim, but I’m definitely worried about the electric bill.

they sent a bunch of emails a week or so ago talking about how the grid had been overloaded so to basically stop using electricity for about 24 hours -- unplug your microwave if not in use, unplug your TV if not watching, etc.

but it came like a week after it was just bitterly cold when seemingly the grid was even more overworked.

Hasn't impacted us at all.

But our gas bill is gigantic.

Part of our problem with house shopping is not wanting to go back to electric heat. One house we love has a well and electric heat. Any gas is via propane tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back