• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread LXIX - Nespresso Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
but a privately owned business doesn't owe anything to those patrons. They don't have even an implied duty to the public good, they are responsible to themselves only.
For me, a business doesn’t exist without its customers, to whom they owe everything (except in this insane late capitalist financialized hellscape, where customers are the commodity somehow). I won’t comment on public good.

For me, a business doesn’t exist without its customers, to whom they owe everything (except in this insane late capitalist financialized hellscape, where customers are the commodity somehow). I won’t comment on public good.
i agree, but their responsibility to their customer only applies to the extent that it supports their business.

Whatever happened to “the customer is always right”? Aren’t you in sales?

Idk I’m in product development and I’ve got “customer centricity” drilled into my brain, the idea that business has no responsibility to its customers is anathema to me.

You asked for examples of artists not benefiting from LN/TM, and I posted it. Not suggesting that monolith is the problem, but a symptom of a broken industry. LN/TM isn’t helping, though.
I asked for examples of artists wishing they could charge less for tickets, but LiveNation wasn't allowing it (and was keeping the profits).

I'm sure there are a number of struggling musicians due to how the music industry is set up... I just don't think that specific scenario is the issue.

i agree, but their responsibility to their customer only applies to the extent that it supports their business.
Ok so taking that a step further, this whole “let’s build an audience with a teaser product, get some loyalty, then drop the quality and raise the price and get out” model we keep coming back to sucks shit to consume.

Whatever happened to “the customer is always right”? Aren’t you in sales?

Idk I’m in product development and I’ve got “customer centricity” drilled into my brain, the idea that business has no responsibility to its customers is anathema to me.
I think we are talking past each other a bit. Yes... customer centricity at all times. But the reason for that is to grow the business itself, not for some greater obligation of owing it to the customer

I asked for examples of artists wishing they could charge less for tickets, but LiveNation wasn't allowing it (and was keeping the profits).

I'm sure there are a number of struggling musicians due to how the music industry is set up... I just don't think that specific scenario is the issue.
The Cure were pretty vocal about this for their last tour

Ok so taking that a step further, this whole “let’s build an audience with a teaser product, get some loyalty, then drop the quality and raise the price and get out” model we keep coming back to sucks shit to consume.
it does, and i don't think that it is a sustainable long term business model. Yeah it works some times... but most of the time that's not really how it's run

Sorry, here’s an example about merch cuts that’s similar to what you’re looking for. Not a lot of artists willing to bite the hand these days, could probably find what you’re looking for with some googling:

from your post that equates psychoanalysis with just Freud
He basically invented it, so the association is logical I think. What I was saying is that I don’t understand why Psychoanalysis would no longer be considered a field of applied Psychology, unless someone just doesn’t believe in the existence of the unconscious.

I think we are talking past each other a bit. Yes... customer centricity at all times. But the reason for that is to grow the business itself, not for some greater obligation of owing it to the customer
Not so much that they owe it to their customers, which I didn’t say, just that designing good experiences is usually itself good business. And as a customer of the business that is attending concerts, paying fees that don’t do shit to improve my time attending the shows is a bad experience making me want to go to shows less.

LiveNation also books their bands to festivals all the time, taking headliner spots and you just get the same bland experience year after year.

He basically invented it, so the association is logical I think. What I was saying is that I don’t understand why Psychoanalysis would no longer be considered a field of applied Psychology, unless someone just doesn’t believe in the existence of the unconscious.
again I don't teach psych but my understanding is generally applied psych classes don't teach a lot about metaphysical concepts like the psyche/the unconscious in the age of behaviorism and neuropsych

also freud didn't basically invent psychoanalysis, he straight up did put respek on my man's name

but also there's a lot of psychoa scholars who followed him but a lot of it is French/German tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back