• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread LXIX - Nespresso Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man y’all listen to a lot of podcasts. I can’t really get into them which is a shame because it seems like a great way to consume info. They just go in one ear and out the other for me but will occasionally listen if we are on a long car trip.
I listen to them for entertainment, not to consume info.

I immediately forget most of what I listened to. But it’s still fun to listen to.

I listen to them for entertainment, not to consume info.

I immediately forget most of what I listened to. But it’s still fun to listen to.
Yeah I don’t listen to any news ones. Well the Distraction touches on news but in a humorous way not straight news.

That's a hell of a way for an amp to go. Tanks are pretty easy to replace, and not too expensive (~$35). I'm replacing the orginal. Transducer went bad, best I can tell. That's the new one in the pic.

This amp is an eBay buy. Seller misrepresented the thing. It had been through hell. Cabinet had seen some water at some point. I have had a cabinet made. I've been refurbing the electronics over the last little while. It sounds great. The Deluxe Reverb would be my desert island amp. I also have a blackface '65.

This one will be for sale. Sir-Amp-A-Lot needs to thin the herd.

Did you replace your amp?
I pre-replaced it. My wife got me a digital Fender Mustang with tons of preset effects. I don’t play gigs anymore and don’t need all that power anyway. Quite like the mustang amp. I’ve had a lot of fun with all the effects.

Here is a sample:

Or:

Superlike, @birdman. Rock on, brother.

I'm a tube geek. Got a nice collection of old stock vintage tubes and a good tester. Too many amps to list, most made in the 50's, 60's and 70's.

I've built a handful of tube guitar amps. I've owned so many amps over the years, I needed to learn how to maintain them. That led to the builds, ultimately.

A DR or a Princeton Reverb are my main gigging amps. Quite a departure from rocking a 50 watt Marshall half stack in my early playing days.

I hope you'll keep up with your music.

small indie theatre near my hotel only played 2 previews so I made it out in record time. Really good + I feel like I deserve an award for not needing a pee break

It’s a good thing the end is so compelling bc I had to pee so bad from hour 3 on

I’m sure there’s a podcast thread but what do you guys subscribe to? I do Planet Money, Radiolab, NPR News Now, Jenkins and Jones, Pablo Torre, and Mina Kimes but def get behind. A buddy has turned me onto the occasional fictional podcast but that’s more sporadic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back