• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must stop.

i'm out on the word "fascinated" (or "fascinating") in general. Tasha Robinson on film podcasts and Kevin Arnovitz on NBA ones are the two biggest offenders. they say they are "fascinated" by something ten times a podcast. i'm not sure i'm "fascinated" by anything. lots of stuff i enjoy/find interesting but nothing blows me away at the rate they use the word.

i don't have twitter or go on reddit, so that's probably why i don't see it

i'm out on the word "fascinated" (or "fascinating") in general. Tasha Robinson on film podcasts and Kevin Arnovitz on NBA ones are the two biggest offenders. they say they are "fascinated" by something ten times a podcast. i'm not sure i'm "fascinated" by anything. lots of stuff i enjoy/find interesting but nothing blows me away at the rate they use the word.

giphy.gif

It must stop.

I have never seen the phrase "dunked on" on Twitter/social media.

I don't trust people who claim they've been the target of attempted murder unless they've been involved in at least five killing conspiracies.

What does volume of sexual partners have to do with whether you’ve been raped?

Dunno. I think Biff has always wanted to run a train but never succeeded.

My original point was that most of these people writing meetoo screeds online are basement neckbeard cat people. So asking them about the nuanced grey areas of sexual conjugation is like asking someone with no driver's license whether they prefer tiptronic or multitronic CVT transmissions and why.

I don't trust people who claim they've been the target of attempted murder unless they've been involved in at least five killing conspiracies.

ok this was a hottake to begin with but again I didnt draft it in dwarf so let me clarify. I am not talking about believing someone about their assault claim, although I am in the 'believe but verify' camp on that FWIW. I am talking about the people that write a 3000 word piece on Medium dot com analyzing the Aziz Ansari situation.

I'd be down for a TAB AMA.

TAB - As a man with cultured musical tastes, What's your favorite Blackpink song and why?

Palma, you have a truly unique, almost mystical midwestern ability to have the worst possible taste in basically every facet of life and culture. It's pretty amazing and probably could not be duplicated if tried.

It's truly impressive and really a sort of skill.

My actual answer is that Kpop is trash as it is really a 3rd rate cultural appropriation of early aughts American hip hop/top 40/brostep.

I'll give ya clothes. Not being able to handle spicy food might even give ya food. Can't really defend television as the only show on my DVR is the Bachelor franchise. But I'll be damned if LalalalaLisa isn't a national treasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back