• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone have an induction cooktop? we're getting a new stove and my wife was wooed by the demonstration but it seems destined to crack/break, not to mention i'll have to replace half of my cookware

Gas or bust.

yeah FUCK the induction cooktop. a) they are not as easy to clean as you think and shit always ends up on them; b) it's a lot easier to burn yourself; c) they ALWAYS crack. Gas or GTFO.

How could it possibly be easier to burn yourself? You literally can put your hand on an induction burner set to high and it won't do anything.

yeah, i thought that was the whole point? maybe on the pots themselves b/c you (or people walking up to the stove ) don't realize which ones are on?

Well my fiance apparently dropped her ring in the dishwasher, can't find it, and has been in full panic mode all morning. Good start to the weekend.

One time at the Harry Teet, my wedding ring fell off and dropped straight down into the cooler mechanism, and I had to go get the store manager and they had to move like 17,000 cartons of eggs and take the entire cooler apart in order to get it. It was not my finest moment.

zlyi45.jpg

yeah FUCK the induction cooktop. a) they are not as easy to clean as you think and shit always ends up on them; b) it's a lot easier to burn yourself; c) they ALWAYS crack. Gas or GTFO.

are you confusing an induction stove with just a plain glass top electric? they're different.

we have the standard glass top but I wish we had gas. finding houses with gas is very rare around here, I assume because it's hard to run the gas lines in the mountains.

One time at the Harry Teet, my wedding ring fell off and dropped straight down into the cooler mechanism, and I had to go get the store manager and they had to move like 17,000 cartons of eggs and take the entire cooler apart in order to get it. It was not my finest moment.

zlyi45.jpg

Is that your wife ? She's Hot !

one time at a hockey game my dad flung his hands up in celebration and his wedding ring flew off

I have gas currently, and would switch to induction if I was re modeling. Faster heating, just as much fine control, much easier to clean, better for air quality in your house, better for the environment. Gas has advantages if you use techniques that need a big flame (if you do a lot of wok cooking, for example), and your current pots might not all work with induction as you said, but otherwise I think induction is the way to go.

At my friend's wedding in Iowa (all ten JEWS in Iowa were there), I hooked up with the bride's best fiend. The friend at the bride's friend at the parent's home. She and I went out after the reception. When I brought to the parent's house, no one answered the door. She "HAD" to stay with me at the groom's abode. The only bed big enough for two was the pull out couch in the livingroom. The next morning the bride and groom showed up at the apartment to take the guys to breakfast. The bride wasn't expecting to find her best friend NAKED with me. OOPS.

rqvybb.gif~c200

Update: I went home for lunch, barely touched the upper drawer of the dishwasher to start pulling it out, and the ring simply dropped down right in front of me. She swore she took the whole thing apart, got inside of it, etc. Going to milk this for quite a while.

Update: I went home for lunch, barely touched the upper drawer of the dishwasher to start pulling it out, and the ring simply dropped down right in front of me. She swore she took the whole thing apart, got inside of it, etc. Going to milk this for quite a while.

sounds like you're Lord of the Ring

Glad you found it so easily.

Dish drawers. Aren't you fancy ?!

I have gas currently, and would switch to induction if I was re modeling. Faster heating, just as much fine control, much easier to clean, better for air quality in your house, better for the environment. Gas has advantages if you use techniques that need a big flame (if you do a lot of wok cooking, for example), and your current pots might not all work with induction as you said, but otherwise I think induction is the way to go.

I like the idea of still having a stove without power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back