• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Misogyny: Holding the Door For the Ladies !! ! ! !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I will be watching - are you planning bitch, moan, or both? all re: sedgefield/AG or other topics?

Lack of stability in the system will drive parents away. Eight other elementary schools closer to my home than the one thy plan to bus us to.

How far away is the new school?

4 miles from parts of the neighborhood. Doesn't sound far, but kids will be on a school bus for probably 40 minutes in the morning during rush hour traffic. And the bus route will include stops at two schools to drop off grades K-2 and 3-5. Bus ride is already 25 minutes. I have four Harris Teeters closer to my home than this school. Guess which one I go to. The closest one. I'm not even personally affected by the elementary school thing for very long as I'll have a fifth grader when it goes into effect. It's just beyond dumb.

Busing and the need for public school equality really is a B of an issue. I see both sides.

Could they maybe focus funding based on wealth? So the schools in more affluent neighborhoods get bare minimum funding and the poorer area schools get more, with better pay for their teachers?

Busing and the need for public school equality really is a B of an issue. I see both sides.

Could they maybe focus funding based on wealth? So the schools in more affluent neighborhoods get bare minimum funding and the poorer area schools get more, with better pay for the teachers?

That already happens. Ultimately, when you put together an illogical busing plan for affluent parents of rising kindergartners, they're going to send their kids to private schools and you wind up with an even lower population of affluent kids to help you balance your schools. Charters aren't that big here now, but this is the kind of thing that forces parents to consider other options.

Last edited:

Could they maybe focus funding based on wealth? So the schools in more affluent neighborhoods get bare minimum funding and the poorer area schools get more, with better pay for their teachers?

Pretty sure the socioeconomic status of classmates is more important than school resources.

Not the level I'm talking about. Yes there is a relatively tiny stipend for teaching in some poorer areas, but I would make it much less equitable.

Whose money are you going to use to do this ? There is a bare minimum that you can pay a starting teacher and get them to live in Charlotte. The school system has to compete with surrounding counties for teaching talent already.

Yeah, that's tough. Without looking at the data, no chance Meckleburg County has a 54% youth poverty rate. An example of people doing the best for their kids at the expense of the whole. Shitty situation.

Whelp that's what they called it. And by paying it we do confirm our (lease) contract.

Seems like the right play would have been to get the jorb and then pick the house, especially if the GF is working from home? Gonna suck if you end with a long commute for no reason.

Very surprising, since brasky is known for his intricate planning

Meh we wanted a cool house in a good neighborhood and to have a hard date set for moving. I'll adapt for a year if I have to deal with an afternoon commute. A perk of teaching is missing morning traffic.

seeing that brasky puts high preference/importance on having the cool neighborhood vibe and enjoys places to walk to, I think his order of operations makes sense.
people move into nice neighborhoods/near good schools/close to attractions (at the expense of inconvenience relative to their workplaces) all the time.

seeing that brasky puts high preference/importance on having the cool neighborhood vibe and enjoys places to walk to, I think his order of operations makes sense.
people move into nice neighborhoods/near good schools/close to attractions (at the expense of inconvenience relative to their workplaces) all the time.

plama moves so he can ditch a car payment

Brasky is moving to suburbia. He's not walking to any cool places.

oh whatever. there's a harris teeter just a mile away, and probably a chilis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back