• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Montego Bay: I Am The Liver King !!!!!!!!!! ! I Can Do Anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thought olive garden would sell more wine

3x as much on soft drinks as alcohol wow. I guess it kind of is more of a family restaurant (e.g. Chilis), but yeah a little surprising they wouldn't be able to get people to buy wine while taking a tour of italy

maybe this is in the Bible Belt or something

Maybe depends on the location. Might be in Utah or like a smaller town in the South.

Wife/Kid are gone for the weekend but I'm stuck at home w/viral conjunctivitis this feels like some monkey paw shit. In a perfect world I'd be walking into A/perture for a double header of Decision To Leave and The Menu :cry:

Hey bbd something popped in my shoulder while I was benching and now my shoulder pain is all gone. Is my arm gonna fall off?

Wife/Kid are gone for the weekend but I'm stuck at home w/viral conjunctivitis this feels like some monkey paw shit. In a perfect world I'd be walking into A/perture for a double header of Decision To Leave and The Menu :cry:
Wife is currently taking our son up to Blowing Rock and then coming back. We’re gonna have a nice dinner tonight then go to a work party tomorrow (so don’t try to come to the brewery - it’s closed!).

She was supposed to take him up yesterday but when MIL got there Thu night apparently their propane tank was empty so no heat. MIL furious with FIL because he a) forgot to refill it and b) he sent her up a day early bc he was paranoid he had left the water on and pipes froze (they normally turn it off when leaving). So she had to spend a frigid night alone. Why she didn’t go to a hotel is beyond me.

But she was so pissed we thought the whole weekend would fall through. Sucks because we had some errands planned for today we wanted to knock out with kid gone, and also missed out on a nice dinner last night.

Wife is currently taking our son up to Blowing Rock and then coming back. We’re gonna have a nice dinner tonight then go to a work party tomorrow (so don’t try to come to the brewery - it’s closed!).

She was supposed to take him up yesterday but when MIL got there Thu night apparently their propane tank was empty so no heat. MIL furious with FIL because he a) forgot to refill it and b) he sent her up a day early bc he was paranoid he had left the water on and pipes froze (they normally turn it off when leaving). So she had to spend a frigid night alone. Why she didn’t go to a hotel is beyond me.

But she was so pissed we thought the whole weekend would fall through. Sucks because we had some errands planned for today we wanted to knock out with kid gone, and also missed out on a nice dinner last night.

Dang. Well, it sounds like you've at least got a couple of things to look forward to!

My wife and I have sacrificed all our MIL babysitting for weddings this fall. Haven't been out to a nice dinner in like 5 months. Weddings were #worthit though.

Dang. Well, it sounds like you've at least got a couple of things to look forward to!

My wife and I have sacrificed all our MIL babysitting for weddings this fall. Haven't been out to a nice dinner in like 5 months. Weddings were #worthit though.
Yeah hopefully he’s not too much of a terror for them this weekend bc we need them for our potential Europe trip in March. They’re supposed to discuss proposed dates today so we can book our shit.

Lotta illness in the chat today. Me too. I have done the am chest congestion/all day coughing/pm lost voice cycle for like 10 days and ran a 5k race in the cold anyway. Not smart!

Have to work tomorrow, but have Monday off so gonna do the American thing and go drink beer while yelling at soccer players. The Welsh have given us NOTHING

man the Qatar stuff just gets more and more gross

Lotta illness in the chat today. Me too. I have done the am chest congestion/all day coughing/pm lost voice cycle for like 10 days and ran a 5k race in the cold anyway. Not smart!
I am just hoping it’s all clear for everyone by Thanksgiving! There are some nasty colds going around. My mistake was going to UNC game last weekend. Woof

Daughter missed three days of school this week with some kind of death funk and my wife is on her way home after the 2nd trip this week with the dog to the emergency vet. We had to rearrange our T'giving travel plans, but it's looking like everything will have resolved itself well enough for us to travel. Good luck to all fighting sickness and bad vibes. Maybe a victory over the Orange tonight will heal and restore order to the universe.

I am not sick but my children did wake me up at 5:30 AM today so this 8 PM kickoff is going to be rough.

I am on the LinkedIn, but I have never been on any other kind of social media to speak of. If twitter never existed, I doubt I'd really notice a whole lot. I delight in not knowing things I don't want to about all manner of people and things so I find my life full of peace and quietude.

I am on the LinkedIn, but I have never been on any other kind of social media to speak of. If twitter never existed, I doubt I'd really notice a whole lot. I delight in not knowing things I don't want to about all manner of people and things so I find my life full of peace and quietude.
In some ways I wish I had never found Twitter. It's awesome for sports but I've gotten sucked in a bit on the Politics and I feel like I'll never look at some of my friends the same way. I'm also shocked to learn that a decent percentage of Americans really just are either very, very tribal or just not that smart, or both. Yeesh

I went birding this morning and saw three snow geese, which are super rare in Florida. No pictures, sorry guys.

Daughter has a fever and bad phlegm for the past few days. Seems to be worst at bed time then again at 5am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back