• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: My lonliness is killing me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

This is a cool article. 30 smartest people alive. #4 is a badass.

http://superscholar.org/smartest-people-alive/

Born in 1966, Grigori Perelman is a highly influential, if somewhat eccentric, Russian mathematician. In 2002 he famously cracked the Poincaré conjecture, one of topology’s most weighty and complicated problems. However, the following year he reportedly quit mathematics to live with his mother in very modest circumstances in Saint Petersburg. In 2006 Perelman was honored with the esteemed Fields Medal for his work in furthering the understanding of geometry and particularly the Ricci flow, but he did not accept the award. “I’m not interested in money or fame; I don’t want to be on display like an animal in a zoo,” he explained. In 2010 he was offered the Clay Millennium Prize and one million dollars for his solving of the Poincaré conjecture, but again he declined. “I know how to control the universe. Why would I run to get a million, tell me?” he said.

went to a NC wedding a couple weeks ago on a farm that required a lot of manual labor

drank my own weight in bourbon afterwards

good times!

although peeps in LA were so confused as to why people and their wedding party and family do work on their own weddings

Ate edibles and acid last night and didn't sleep til like 5:15, and only til like 9, ate some tacos, drove 10 hours, now back in Philly

I'm ready to have a beer and go to bed

My DEACS just tied it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back