• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Nautilus: the Great British Bake Off is amazing, you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LinkedIn had the best jobs available when I was searching. Like they do a good job at finding actual Communications jobs. Every job posting ever mentions a need for excellent communications skills, but other sites think this qualifies as a job posting in the Comms field. One day I checked Indeed and a gynecologist job in Durham came up. It said you need to have excellent verbal and written communications skills, which I have!

So one of my wife's friends is competing in the Mrs. DC pageant this weekend and we're going. It's black tie at the French Embassy, so that'll be cool, but the whole thing seems so very bizarre to me.

So one of my wife's friends is competing in the Mrs. DC pageant this weekend and we're going. It's black tie at the French Embassy, so that'll be cool, but the whole thing seems so very bizarre to me.

Definitely wanna take her back to the dungeon.

so many spies, so little time

how many of those firefighters are actively fighting the fire and how many are standing back going daaaaamn that's a big fire, tsy?

130 firefighters with only 1 injury and they were able to contain the fire. Pretty impressive work.

On a fire like that, its a surround and drown. With nobody inside, the entire building engulfed, and its under construction its not worth sending people inside. Its better to surround it and try to protect exposures. It is miraculous that nobody was hurt when the crane fell though. That video is pretty impressive.

how many of those firefighters are actively fighting the fire and how many are standing back going daaaaamn that's a big fire, tsy?
Each truck/tower has a master stream flowing water onto the fire itself. Each truck typically carries 3-4 firefighters. 1 is manning the pump, 1 on the nozzle, 1 with a hand line protecting nearby structures to keep them cool, and 1 at the nearest hydrant. They're all there actively doing something, although they may not be on a nozzle.

Our most recent fire, I spent the majority of the night filling up tanker trucks as we were having to shuttle water from the hydrant 3 miles to the actual house fire.

Remember that explosion/fire in tianjin a couple years ago? I don't think I would have wanted to be a local firefighter that day.

1439403923-aug-12-2015-1425.gif

Harrisburg firefighter dies of injuries in crash on way to deadly fire

Chief Brian Enterline said Dennis DeVoe, a 21-year member of Harrisburg fire service, passed away this evening from injuries suffered Friday night while responding to the fire in the 2500 block of Lexington Street.

A 4-year-old girl died of her injuries suffered in the fire, and two other children remain in Lehigh Valley Burn Center. The girl's father and a teenage boy were released after treatment.

DeVoe, of Stewartstown, was on his way to pick up his gear at Mt. Pleasant Station 8 near 13th and Market streets when his car was T-boned at 14th and Walnut streets [by a woman in a stolen car].

fire caused by exploding hover board!

I miss that show... at least I have the album.

Each truck/tower has a master stream flowing water onto the fire itself. Each truck typically carries 3-4 firefighters. 1 is manning the pump, 1 on the nozzle, 1 with a hand line protecting nearby structures to keep them cool, and 1 at the nearest hydrant. They're all there actively doing something, although they may not be on a nozzle.

Our most recent fire, I spent the majority of the night filling up tanker trucks as we were having to shuttle water from the hydrant 3 miles to the actual house fire.

What are the guys on the pump and hydrant doing? Monitoring to make sure they are still working/still attached?

This week's OG&B Word on the Quad asked four current students 'Who do you think is going to win the NCAA men's basketball championship?'

The responses:
Kansas State
UNC Chapel Hill
Duke
Wake Forest

#NoSAT

according to my sauces it looks like Doofus is moving somewhere fun!

FFS. The OG&B featured Drink of the Week is 'Blue Devil Tears':

"To celebrate when Duke finally finds their karma"

Dark blue Powerade, a chip off of Grayson Allen's shoulder, Harry Giles' sweat, and water from UNC's Old Well. Serve in an upside down Duke hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back