• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Nautilus: the Great British Bake Off is amazing, you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally started s2 of unbreakable kimmy schmidt this weekend, I feel like it's way funnier than s1, and I liked s1

Contact Lens King will send you contacts without a prescription. You have to enter your doctor's info in, but they give 24 hours to confirm the rx and if they can't confirm they send the contacts anyway. I've done it multiple times.

This, this right here, is what I needed. Much love.

Late to the rtq TV show suggestion conversation, but here are my takes:

-I like OITNB and even still like it through the most recent season. I don't claim to have great taste in TV, but I find it entertaining (despite Piper being annoying AF). Take for what it's worth that a lot of people saying they don't like it are dudes and the cast is primarily female. Not that guys can't enjoy a mostly chick show, but I think there is a target audience thing to take into consideration.

-We watched Stranger Things last month and I enjoyed it but didn't absolutely love it. One of the best things it has going for it is that it's season 1 and it's a short season, so it's not overwhelming to jump in and knock it out in a week or less (which is basically why we got through it so easily when we are struggling through other shows).

-Ever watched Orphan Black?

I agree with this. I watch with my wife and it's just ok to me (she really likes it), and it has gotten slightly worse, but I don't think it's become unwatchable or anything like some people are claiming here. It is tough though when a show's primary lead is a terrible person.

We bailed on Orphan Black about halfway through S3. That is definitely a show that lost momentum after the first season.

I have trouble watching shows with characters I don't like (unless they are supposed to be the villain like Joffrey in GoT). I've finally quit on Homeland after watching the first episode this season and realizing that I can't stand Carrie. So if Piper is terrible in OITNB then I probably won't last.

Never seen Orphan Black. Is that the one with some pig sex thing in an early episode that someone told me about? Or, no, I think that's Black Mirror.

not sure really. maybe because the other shows have 5 seasons? it's a lot more to watch.

What an inconvenience that two of the greatest shows ever made have 5 seasons you have to watch.

Late to the rtq TV show suggestion conversation, but here are my takes:

-I like OITNB and even still like it through the most recent season. I don't claim to have great taste in TV, but I find it entertaining (despite Piper being annoying AF). Take for what it's worth that a lot of people saying they don't like it are dudes and the cast is primarily female. Not that guys can't enjoy a mostly chick show, but I think there is a target audience thing to take into consideration.

-We watched Stranger Things last month and I enjoyed it but didn't absolutely love it. One of the best things it has going for it is that it's season 1 and it's a short season, so it's not overwhelming to jump in and knock it out in a week or less (which is basically why we got through it so easily when we are struggling through other shows).

-Ever watched Orphan Black?

My wife hated OITNB. Though to be fair, she hates everything with boobies. She jumped ship on GoT less than half a season in. Gave up on The Sopranos after a couple seasons.

got to play Betrayal at House on the Hill this weekend. Great game.

I played it once, seemed pretty cool but pretty complicated (at least on the first playthrough)/your group has to be ready to settle in and read some rule books.

good day today. Collected about 500k of old invoices from one of my clients and found that there was Mac's bbq available in the breakroom for lunch. I'm happy.

yeah, we had a guy who was experienced and that helped quite a bit. After one play through it's pretty straightforward as long as your group is on board.

yeah, and do yourself a favor and skip S4 of Battlestar

Wasn't all bad. The season art was pretty cool.

C4wG0e7.jpg

I have trouble watching shows with characters I don't like (unless they are supposed to be the villain like Joffrey in GoT). I've finally quit on Homeland after watching the first episode this season and realizing that I can't stand Carrie. So if Piper is terrible in OITNB then I probably won't last.

She is, but there are other likable characters. I enjoyed it. But, like others, I stopped watching in season 3.

She is, but there are other likable characters. I enjoyed it. But, like others, I stopped watching in season 3.

Piper is horrible, but after S1, it really becomes more of an ensemble cast.

Also, Laura Prepon. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back