• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, my part-time job growing up was winning money off of people that thought they were incredible at Goldeneye.

I was trying to get at whether or not any posters here have or know of kids that participate in organized e-sports, or whatever they call it. Seems super lame.

it was pretty organized. we'd all go over to the house of the friend with the biggest tube tv and his mom would make us sandwiches and koolaid.

(sorry, I don't know the answer to your actual question)

The guy who taught me red alert made the final 8 where he got flown out the Wiz style to Seattle to play for $10k and a new computer. The guy who ended up winning it was a guy named deepblue and I had played him a few months before the tournament but let my buddy play as me and he beat him. So he mighta been the best at that time. I had just started playing at that time, and busted out in the first round in a field of 64 by 3 tanks. My buddy had a fear of success and got hooked on Ultima Online and by the time he had his like sweet 16 matches I was better and he wanted me to play as him, but my mom wouldn't let me on the computer. Still pissed.

Not super lame at all

If there was a league for SNES Super Tennis I’d support that. Otherwise, lame.

I don't think e-sports are lame at all. At least, at the mid to high levels they aren't. Those dudes are making a shit ton of money (though there is a *lot* of training that goes on).

Just went down the e-sports rabbit hole. It is indeed a lot of money, but nothing close to what elite real athletes are making - I figured as much, but you never know these days.

Also, I now know that Dota is an incredibly popular video game and not just a weird techno song by Basshunter.

maxresdefault.jpg

what do you watch and/or do in your spare time for entertainment?

it's just crazy to me that people watch other people play video games

have you ever tried it? also this:

(best with sound)

if you don't know what's happening, Ken guy has to perfectly parry ever piece of chun-li's power attack and then perfectly time a counter to win with zero health

This shows up on my youtube anytime I listen to like Zelda anything, I don't even really remember the street fighter music but still think it's cool

Actually downloaded the sheet music for this bad boy and have been working on it the past few weeks

have you ever tried it? also this:

(best with sound)

if you don't know what's happening, Ken guy has to perfectly parry ever piece of chun-li's power attack and then perfectly time a counter to win with zero health

"It's madness. It's unadulterated madness!"

what do you watch and/or do in your spare time for entertainment?

watch? sports, tv shows, movies

don't own any video game system, but even if I did, I don't think there's any chance in hell I'd watch strangers play it

watch? sports, tv shows, movies

don't own any video game system, but even if I did, I don't think there's any chance in hell I'd watch strangers play it

somehow watching some guys run around on a field playing a game is wildly different from watching people playing a game moving avatars on a screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back