• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the headline this morning that a champion women's college golfer was murdered and my first thought turned to the one from Wake who won the natty this year

My friend, also a former amateur Spanish champion golfer, posted about it this morning. Sad stuff. They were from different parts of Spain, but I wouldn't be surprised if their paths had crossed.

I was at a Barnes and Noble the other day, and there was an authors' event going on. The moderator addressed the crowd as "Good evening, ladies, gentlemen, and gentlefolk." Never heard that one before. I guess ladies and gentlemen is getting retired.

Last edited:
I was at a Barnes and Noble the other day, and there was an authors' event going on. The moderator addressed the crowd as "Good evening, ladies, gentlemen, and gentlefolk." Never heard that one before. I guess ladies and gentlemen is getting retired.

kind of like Latinx coming into vogue as opposed to Latino/a

ITC, have you ever done the buttsecks? (Giving, obvs)

Throwing out general request for experiences. Asking for a friend.

You know what they say, you can take the girl out of the greensboro-high point metropolitan area but you can't take the greensboro-high point metropolitan area out of the girl.

Just finished the latest David Sedaris book last night. Good stuff as usual.

Just finished the latest David Sedaris book last night. Good stuff as usual.

Do you feel like he is being harder on his family and boyfriend as of late? The only person who seems to escape his angst is Amy. He really seems to have it out for his dad in this one. Usually the brother gets the bulk of the criticism, but in this one he really let everyone have it.

The stories about the step counter and the snapping turtle were great.

Yeah, the dad chapter at the end was pretty rough but it was plenty honest. Old people get really hung up on giving you all of the junk they've had piling up in their homes for 50 years rather than focusing on much of anything else. Ultimately you smile and take it and throw it away because it's the easiest thing to do. Neither you or they really have the energy for going much deeper because they've already made up their minds about everything and you know you're going to do more harm then good arguing with some one 90 years old plus. Still there were plenty of more tender reflections on his dad, past and present. And he opens up a lot more about his mom's alcoholism.

Hugh's mom gets it way worse than anyone in this book.

He could have written the final Tiffany scene much earlier but just wasn't there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back