• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard of Papa Murphy's Pizza.

Or Dickey's Barbecue Pit.

Or Yard House.

Or Round Table Pizza.

Or Famous Dave's.

Or Pollo Tropical.

Or Corner Bakery Cafe.

But I've got the Top 50 !

Or Yard House.

Or Round Table Pizza.

Or Famous Dave's.

Or Pollo Tropical.

Or Corner Bakery Cafe.

Never really understood the appeal of Papa Murphys - relatively expensive pizza you have to pick up and bake yourself.

Or Yard House.

Or Round Table Pizza.

Or Famous Dave's.

Or Pollo Tropical.

Or Corner Bakery Cafe.

Yard House is the shit. Excellent food. Corner Bakery's are on every corner in Chicago. Famous Dave's is shitty midwest BBQ.

Impressive.

Also, Quaker Steak & Lube. WTF is that?

It's awful. The had a couple of locations here in the CLT. Racing themed wings and sports bar stuff. Incidentally, the location of the Quaker Steak & Lube at Park Road Shopping Center was formerly Champp's sports bar, where the Talladega Nights barroom fight scene with Ricky Bobby and Jean Girard was filmed. The building was later used as a Monkey Joe's before being demolished.

The fuck? There's one in Winston, and we'd go weekly.

Texas Roadhouses are the BOMB, It's been far too long. You walk in, grab a handful of peanuts, and just leave the shells on the floor. Good bread too. You should remedy this situation. They're also just perfectly located at spots where you realize you're hungry halfway between two major cities.

Yeast rolls at Texas Roadhouse are unbelievable

Highest on the list I've never been to is actually Popeye's. I'd feel like I was cheating on my true love

[video]https://dms.licdn.com/playback/C4D05AQEW2Waoo84Mhg/7f0422b34d45430faa86f28edbf1981e/feedshare-mp4_3300-captions-thumbnails/1507940147251-drlcss?e=1537642800&v=beta&t=GjUp9EI42h7dYOMHml4qKbbISk0SqukAsDJajGblddw[/video]

I work in the infrastructure industry, and I really don't get the demand for this. Its still on a track, so you are not saving land, doubt its cheaper to run than a train, and the speed factor only makes sense over long distances.

Really wish I knew how to do the video thing.

Last edited:
Culver's is only one in top fifty I haven't been to. What is it?

I love Raisin' Canes. Definitely my special treat fast food. Ran to one at halftime of the BC game last week while at work, and they gave me somebody else's takeout order in addition to my own and I was eating (free) chicken for a week.

[video]https://dms.licdn.com/playback/C4D05AQEW2Waoo84Mhg/7f0422b34d45430faa86f28edbf1981e/feedshare-mp4_3300-captions-thumbnails/1507940147251-drlcss?e=1537642800&v=beta&t=GjUp9EI42h7dYOMHml4qKbbISk0SqukAsDJajGblddw[/video]

I work in the infrastructure industry, and I really don't get the demand for this. Its still on a track, so you are not saving land, doubt its cheaper to run than a train, and the speed factor only makes sense over long distances.

Really wish I knew how to do the video thing.
Yeah, let's at least figure out how to do regular rail first and then get into the Elon Musk-style bullshit

Culver's is only one in top fifty I haven't been to. What is it?

Culvers is a Wisconsin-based chain. Their deal is that they only use fresh beef and they have frozen custard.

12,000 more Subways in the US than McDonald's, but they do less than 1/3 of McD's sales

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/top-500-chains

Of that list, something called Chill's Grill and Bar is the highest ranking in sales that I've never been to

Culvers, Wingstop and Raising Cane are ones I don't recall having visited out of the top 50.

In and Out, Papa Murphys, Del Taco, Tim Horton's, McAlisters, Dickey's, Marco's, Yard House, Jamba Juice, Round Table, Freddy's, Hungry Howies, Famous Dave's from the next 50 also haven't fed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back