• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Outback: Beta Cuck Wins Next Chat Thread !!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a LifeProof case for my iphone and it kind of makes it look like some kind of Lego thing... but I've dropped it while riding my bike and it's good as new, and the thing is waterproof, too. Pretty much invaluable here.

Yep, I have had a lifeproof case for my last two phones and between my clumsiness and having kids/toddlers, I probably drop it 5 times a week and it's still perfect. Plus I don't worry about the kids playing with it, reading on it near the tub, etc.

I've got a $20 case and a $5 screen protector that has protected my phone from hundreds of falls over 2.5 years.

I broke 3 glass screen protectors in 4 weeks before I decided to go back to a life proof.
Matt has a $5 plastic case and that's it but his phone has been fine for years.

i had an iphone4 for about 4.5 years with a bulkier case, never broke

wife and I had iphone 6s for about 1.5 years with slim covers; both phones ended up broken and we had to deal with it until we could upgrade

i bought an otterbox commuter for my 7 and it's a good middle ground. slim enough for pockets and durable to be dropped.

at some point i hope i can afford $700 devices so easily i can go without a case but for now, wgaf how it looks

i used a credit on my account from a verizon billing fuckup to get insurance fo free (kinda) and now if i ever break it i can get a new one

i broke my phone like six times before i got insurance and haven't broken it once since

PENIS SEAT on the subway.

seat-experiment-hed-2017-840x460.jpg

http://www.adweek.com/creativity/me...-subway-to-teach-men-about-sexual-harassment/

yes, I am aware that I am stealing moonz' thunder here

I have the same issue as Townie and tried to cleaning out the port this morning using your and the internet's instructions.

No bueno. I guess I'll be going to the Apple store this weekend as previously planned. (sad panda).

I used one of the compressed air duster things to clean out the power port on mine and it seems to have worked, at least for now.

Man I got a new Chase credit card and with point bonus and work travel I have like 100,000 points. This shit is awesome. I hate myself for being a debit card user for all these years.

Man I got a new Chase credit card and with point bonus and work travel I have like 100,000 points. This shit is awesome. I hate myself for being a debit card user for all these years.

I'm about to have like 200k points once this latest point bonus kicks in/is added from the CSR. Don't even know what I'll do with them all yet.

I hate myself for being a debit card user for all these years.

Better late than never.

CCs are great if you manage them like debit cards (AKA don't charge more than you can pay every month) - you get rewards, you build credit, and you have more financial flexibility in emergency situations.

I've already spent all my Reserve bonus points on trips to Sacramento and Boston :couch:

Now that the Squirrel is 2, we have to buy him a ticket.

I've got a little over 50K rewards points on my Wells Fargo card, that I no longer use (except one small charge a month) because I switched to Chase rewards.

What's the best thing to do with those rewards? Just cash it out for $500? Because the gift cards appear to be the same cost (5000 points for $50, 10000 for $100, etc)

Why don't they just make phones that don't break when you drop them????

Better late than never.

CCs are great if you manage them like debit cards (AKA don't charge more than you can pay every month) - you get rewards, you build credit, and you have more financial flexibility in emergency situations.

Yeah I just set all my card to autopay full balance erry month. Thinking about getting a Marriott card too. I think you get like 5x points when you stay in one of their properties. Chase I believe is 2x for travel and food?

I've got a little over 50K rewards points on my Wells Fargo card, that I no longer use (except one small charge a month) because I switched to Chase rewards.

What's the best thing to do with those rewards? Just cash it out for $500? Because the gift cards appear to be the same cost (5000 points for $50, 10000 for $100, etc)

Do they offer any premium for travel? Like $650 flight is 50,000 points?

Do they offer any premium for travel? Like $650 flight is 50,000 points?

Maybe but I got dat SW Chase rewards card, with a 50K bonus, so I'm swimming in miles currently. I already have four flights booked for this spring/summer and a balance of 30K+ miles

accidental breakage is an interesting definition of planned obsolescence

i mean they used to make indestructible phones and they don't anymore much like they used to make great cars that ran for a million miles until they stopped doing that

cell providers (not manufacturers) have set up plans reeeeally similarly to the structure of the auto industry's model of planned obsolescence

you have your shiny new phone and it lasts well for about as long as a contract lasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back