• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Outback: Beta Cuck Wins Next Chat Thread !!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Business class to Asia is tight though

I flew biz to Taiwan on Eva Air and it was better than actually being in Taiwan

Shit, I think duke just called (just checked my emails and it is definitely the HR rep's number). Wonder if it is an offer or rejection. I feel like they would have emailed a rejection. I don't think I'm going to take this job so had lately just been thinking that it would be alright if they decided to go some other direction and I didn't hear from them again. Now I might be stressed about having to turn them down despite it being a better job, just one that won't pay as much/enough. This shit is lame, yo.

Shit, I think duke just called (just checked my emails and it is definitely the HR rep's number). Wonder if it is an offer or rejection. I feel like they would have emailed a rejection. I don't think I'm going to take this job so had lately just been thinking that it would be alright if they decided to go some other direction and I didn't hear from them again. Now I might be stressed about having to turn them down despite it being a better job, just one that won't pay as much/enough. This shit is lame, yo.

Negotiate that salary.

It would not be uncommon for them to call with a polite rejection. That is what our office does with position finalists.

I'm going to see what their official offer is, but in an email the HR rep already dropped the "here is the max amount we will be able to offer you with no room for negotiation; do you still want to interview?" and I still did want to interview. But maybe that was just a test.

It's Duke. They can throw you a few more grand and you are worth it.

I'm going to see what their official offer is, but in an email the HR rep already dropped the "here is the max amount we will be able to offer you with no room for negotiation; do you still want to interview?" and I still did want to interview. But maybe that was just a test.

That's beta fish fodder.

Be the alpha dog, Chupe.

If they are truly offering you the job - you have a bit of leverage. If you're not going to take the job anyways, no harm in saying you'll take it for $x.

It would not be uncommon for them to call with a polite rejection. That is what our office does with position finalists.

Could defs be that, too, I'll go listen in a bit when I'm off the front desk. It has been two weeks since they spoke with my references, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were just waiting to get the confirmation from their top choice before letting the rest of us down. I also think I was the last interview so I think they would have gotten to me sooner if it was on.

Last edited:
If they are truly offering you the job - you have a bit of leverage. If you're not going to take the job anyways, no harm in saying you'll take it for $x.

Yep, I may be in this exact scenario soon.

That's beta fish fodder.

Be the alpha dog, Chupe.

Yeah, I played that wrong, but was not going through a particularly confident period when all this went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back