• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you truly care about your title you are probably one of those people that puts their dumb as shit acronyms at the end of their name that are not MD, MBA, PhD and such but some made up certificate you got from a week long motivational speaking class.

If you truly care about your title you are probably one of those people that puts their dumb as shit acronyms at the end of their name that are not MD, MBA, PhD and such but some made up certificate you got from a week long motivational speaking class.
Eh…the title helps on a resume for future opportunities

Title matters when your company gets bought and you get merged into a different corporate structure or when looking for the next job, and they are trying to gauge seniority. Title doesn't impact day to day work or your email signature, but it matters.

Last edited:
Also why would you ever put MBA at the end of your name in an email, in a business setting, how is that any different than some made up certificate in leadership?

Apparently the key to blackjack is to get really drunk and sit next to a 90 year old Asian lady who will tell you what to do all night
This strategy has worked lovely in Pai Gow, so it makes sense that blackjack would be a good fit. In my experiences, old Asian ladies find it very amusing when young(ish) drunk white guys scream "PAI GOW" whenever they win.

What's the comp structure? Do we need to review your employment agreement? Are their vests Patagonia or Lands End? Where are they headquartered? Is there room to negotiate the title?
what's their policy on toboggans/hats

They arbitrarily terminated anyone who had extended time of missing their quota. My employee had improved in Q3 and Q4. Her previous manager had given her accounts with literally no opportunity because she said she didn’t think she was capable. I loved her to a new role in January to better use her skill set and she was 150% of plan.
When I found out she was on the list I talked to HR who admitted if I had come to them to put her on a performance plan they would never let me. It was a business decision and HR was not on board.

I’m all about the number is the number, but also believe people deserve an opportunity to have fair chance to make it and to be coached up. This person got caught up in a dumb blanket decision with no managerial input.
aha, now we see why both of you are leaving. but congrats on the sex

So Windy, can you hire her for your new employer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back