• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have now worked over the phone with multiple clients who did not know how to access the internet on their personal computers. How? It’s a struggle when you are giving someone directions that require them visiting a specific website and they just don’t know how to do that? For instance I would say “on your desktop, click on your internet browser - it’s probably Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge” and they literally have no idea what I’m talking about and start reading off the names of the icons on their desktop.

I would respond by saying, “how ever you normally get on the internet on your computer, you can do that, and I will help you from there” still, don’t know how to do that. Apparently they just have never accessed the internet through a browser, they just use specific applications through desktop icons that someone else has created for them.

I know zero of you care but this gets juicer by the day. One of the more prominent devs in the city & he knows he needs a city demo permit & historic approval. Not a good look !

He should have gotten a permit. It should not have been that hard to get a permit.

🤖🐺👅🕵️‍♀️🧙🏌️🎭⛑️🔏📅🍡🪺🏠❤️‍🔥🕠

You all remember those crazy automated Amazon convenience stores where you could just walk out with your stuff?

Yeah it turns out that wasn’t automated:

“Though it seemed completely automated, Just Walk Out relied on more than 1,000 people in India watching and labeling videos to ensure accurate checkouts. The cashiers were simply moved off-site, and they watched you as you shopped.”

What would be your booze plan on a 12 hour flight with free drinks ? Start drinking with like 4-5 hours left in the flight? Go all day? Sober? (That seems dumb) I’ve never been on a more than 5 hour flight.

Really wish my wife wouldn’t leave me hanging and let me drink the lounge mimosas solo at 8AM, and I suspect I’ll get some shit if it’s just 15 hours of straight boozing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would be your booze plan on a 12 hour flight with free drinks ? Start drinking with like 4-5 hours left in the flight? Go all day? Sober? (That seems dumb) I’ve never been on a more than 5 hour flight.

Really wish my wife wouldn’t leave me hanging and let me drink the lounge mimosas solo at 8AM, and I suspect I’ll get some shit if it’s just 15 hours of straight boozing

Minimal to no drinking for me. The potential for hang over is way too high these days.

Minimal to no drinking for me. The potential for hang over is way too high these days.
The key is to maximize sleep. Couple glasses of wine and then a cocktail with no caffeine is the trick. Beer is a waste. Best bet is to try and knock off after dinner and sleep until they serve breakfast.

The key is to maximize sleep. Couple glasses of wine and then a cocktail with no caffeine is the trick. Beer is a waste. Best bet is to try and knock off after dinner and sleep until they serve breakfast.
If the goal is maximizing sleep, alcohol is the worst possible way to do that given the way alcohol impacts sleep.

I'd definitely take some of the free drinks but wouldn't be looking to get hammered unless I was going to a bachelor party or something and was going to immediately start drinking when I landed anyways.

Also landing with an impending hangover sounds less than ideal

2 bourbons and a Benadryl (plus lots of water) are my keys to maximizing sleep on flights. Problem is most of the East Coast flights to Europe don’t give you enough time for that. They either leave really early (like 5-6 pm) so by the time you’re tired you don’t have much of the flight left. Or if they leave later (like 10) the meal service isn’t done until an hour or two in, when who wants dinner that late anyway? Plus you’re getting breakfast like 90 mins out.

If the goal is maximizing sleep, alcohol is the worst possible way to do that given the way alcohol impacts sleep.
While true, a couple glasses of wine or cocktails make it a lot easier for a lot of people to even fall asleep at 36,000 feet.

Timmy is correct. Assuming it's a red eye, I like the 1 drink with first beverage service, 1 with dinner, and 1 afterwards while you watch a Planet Earth-esque show/movie and hopefully fall asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back