• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on both sides of this, to some extent. I had a very good friend from WFU whom I've essentially lost contact with. I stood in his wedding but shortly after he got married it became difficult to get a response from him. I chalk it up mostly to personality and life. I miss him, but no hard feelings. One other thing that I think has contributed in my personal case is that I didn't pursue jobs or a life where a lot of other people did; kind of went my own away after college. Other groups of friends moved to the same cities and stuff like that. I think that solidified friendships into adulthood in a way that I missed out on by moving away. Again, no hard feelings, but just a tough acknowledgement of the realities of life.

I feel this as well. Started my career as a youth pastor and was not at the same earning level as all of my friends from Wake, so had to sit out from a lot of the get togethers in the first 10 years out of school/grad school. Remember sitting at a table at Mellow Mushroom in Charlottesville after a Wake Uva. game with a lot of college friends and out of 12 people, there was only 1 one other non-lawyer or doctor and he was getting his CFA. Felt like I couldn't relate to a lot of life situations that they were talking about.

I feel this as well. Started my career as a youth pastor and was not at the same earning level as all of my friends from Wake, so had to sit out from a lot of the get togethers in the first 10 years out of school/grad school. Remember sitting at a table at Mellow Mushroom in Charlottesville after a Wake Uva. game with a lot of college friends and out of 12 people, there was only 1 one other non-lawyer or doctor and he was getting his CFA. Felt like I couldn't relate to a lot of life situations that they were talking about.

Let me tell you about another man who sat down to eat with 12 people he couldn’t relate to.

Last edited:
I honestly need to get into pill containers, but I find the process of weekly setup even less habit forming than just opening 3-4 bottles every morning and taking them

I have a hard time remembering if I’ve taken it some days so the container helps.

i'd use the rest of this la croix to wash out the dog's butthole but i think it would make it smell worse

I absolutely have a daily pill container to portion out my heart and allergy meds. No ragrets.

i'm afraid it will infect my sink or make my recycle bin smell like a stripper left all of her perfumes in it

i have completed one kid's tax return today

his brother at app is trying to track down his W-2 in between STABBINGS

the third actually has a refund coming but it's a hassle because he has to file in 3 states

#talkintax

I haven’t even started my tax return yet lol better get on that

i didn't say your trash can
giphy.gif

Mobile groomer just arrive for Murphy

We spend too much money on this dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back