• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
CT decline is also because all miscellaneous topics now have their own thread. All that's left is breakfast.
- movies? Movie you just saw or CBM
- Politics? Whole other forum.
- Travel? Airplane next to fat guy.
- TV shows? Netflix/cord cutting threads
- Hot takes? Unpopular opinion thread
- Kids? Parenting thread
- Birds? Birds.

and so on.

on the bright side, there is (so far) no separate thread dedicated to discussing the decline of the CT, so we can keep talking about that here for now.

The Proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains, they have a world to win. Proletarier aller Länder vereinigt Euch!

In more uplifting news, this past weekend, Wife surprised me with one of these guys, which is pretty easily the best and most surprising gift I've ever received:

images

w_ser_bg.jpg

Used to play these at Myrtle Beach when I was wee. So, she basically wins gift giving for all time.

That's amazing.

Story time! Wife and I were in Dirty Myrtle one time and went to an arcade. She claims she had never played this game before. There was a sign that said 30 runs wins any prize. No shit on her first time she scored over 100 runs. We had to get the manager to go ahead and give her the prize because she was sitting on 90+ with the bases loaded and was about to flip that thing back to zero. I don't remember the exact number but she ended up around 120 IIRC. We both played probably 20 games after that and neither of us hit double digits again. It was the craziest statistical anomaly I've been a part of, I think. I have no idea how neither of us thought to take a picture of the scoreboard. I think it was like the whole don't talk to the pitcher with a no hitter thing. Didn't wanna jinx it.

Oh and wife is also dead set on getting one of these for our game room.

policetr.png

So was your wedding super over the top or super low key? I feel like it had to be either extreme.

It was in the middle but definitely closer to over the top. I don't know, the only thing I can really remember is Hurricane Matthew pounding Pinehurst the day of my wedding. We were the only venue in town to keep power so that was nice.

I've been hitting up the barcade down the street like once a week. Old school pinball is my jam, especially Attack from Mars

I've been hitting up the barcade down the street like once a week. Old school pinball is my jam, especially Attack from Mars

Winston even has a barcade now. I hit it up over T-day. It was very purple.

The place here has a line out the street on the weekends, heard it broke even in all the costs within 3 months. Makes sense they'd pop up everywhere.

Looking at the one in winston, I think their arcade list is better than mine, their pinball selection is weaksauce though.

The winston barcade is a weird weird weird place. Assuming you are talking about the 80's themed one downtown.

According to the email sent out, Wake now has a "Wellbeing Center" instead of Reynolds gym.

I'm not sure which one y'all are talking about. I dig Camel City BBQ, though, and their barcade is pretty cool.

I'm sure other cities have something like this too, but we've got a place called Pinballz. It is an absolutely giant BYOB pinball and arcade place. Hundreds and hundreds of games. Even has that Japanese keyboard game where you type yourself away from zombies.

what's weird about it?

I'm talking about Reboot downtown, which I assume Chupe is talking about because he said it was purple. They went all-in on an 80's TRON theme, which is kinda cool I guess except it wasn't that well executed and the place is super dark/dirty and every time I've been no one has been there, so it just feels eerie. Attracts some weirder clientele occasionally because it's so empty. Kinda just feels like a "Bar Rescue" job if that makes sense.

I love a good dive bar, and I generally love an arcade bar, but in this case it just doesn't come together all that well.

I have not been to Camel City BBQs barcade.

My favorite arcade bar is H-Street Arcade in DC tho. Mostly because you can rent/play SNES, NES, Dreamcast etc. AT the bar and they have big buck hunter. Once you get used to those two things its hard to settle. Also a jukebox that takes credit card with a great selection of tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back