• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread see ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some advice from the board bros that have kids - did y'all do the push present thing? If so, did you go with jewelry or something different?

My wife and I welcomed our little girl into the world two days ago and I didn't buy a push present - mostly because we talked about it and with the covid-19 stuff going on most stores were closed and I didn't feel like ordering something online. By the time things reopen it may (or may not) be forgotten, but I still will want to get her something after watching everything that she went through.

Push presents are consumerism gone amuck. Buy her something nice for Mother’s Day.

Oh, and congrats. I’m a week ahead of you. Try to get as much sleep as you can, whenever you can.

Congrats to y'all. My wife is due Sunday and we are definitely not doing a push present.

NBA kicks college's ass. The biggest sports casualties of this stupid virus are:
1. March madness
2. The Masters
3. The NBA playoffs and watching Charles and Kenny up late all spring

Congrats and good luck on sleep. Our 4-month old has recently started sleeping all night and it’s glorious.

another nice thing about the NBA is that there is an interesting reason to watch, like, 20 teams so most every game is gonna have a star or young guy worth watching

for all you new parents, the ONE piece of parenting advice that I offer friends is to buy "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." All 3 of my boys (including twins, one of whom was in NICU for a week) were sleeping through the night by 10 weeks old. And sleeping through the night was from 7pm to 6am - we were able to go back to feeling like humans again. https://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Sleep-Habits-Happy-Child/dp/0553394800

Cliff notes: always put your baby to bed earlier than you think you should. Apparently babies get tired but don't have any idea that they should relax and close their eyes to feel better. Instead, they fight it and get cranky and keep themselves awake. You're better off putting your kids to sleep 20 minutes BEFORE they get cranky - they will go to sleep before it happens.

for all you new parents, the ONE piece of parenting advice that I offer friends is to buy "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." All 3 of my boys (including twins, one of whom was in NICU for a week) were sleeping through the night by 10 weeks old. And sleeping through the night was from 7pm to 6am - we were able to go back to feeling like humans again. https://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Sleep-Habits-Happy-Child/dp/0553394800

Cliff notes: always put your baby to bed earlier than you think you should. Apparently babies get tired but don't have any idea that they should relax and close their eyes to feel better. Instead, they fight it and get cranky and keep themselves awake. You're better off putting your kids to sleep 20 minutes BEFORE they get cranky - they will go to sleep before it happens.

Listen to this man. It’ll save your life.

another nice thing about the NBA is that there is an interesting reason to watch, like, 20 teams so most every game is gonna have a star or young guy worth watching

this is a good point. there are a lot of bad college games.

Especially with league pass where you get to watch a weird Russian circus troupe do unicycle tricks at timeouts

you haven't lived until you've seen an early december matchup between the hornets and the magic with 4000 people at the Spectrum Center

i saw the bobcats in december i think.

and even that game was better than some bad college games.

nba has a higher floor than i think ppl on a college sports board are giving it credit for.

i have watched the forbes announcement video more times than i would like to publicly quantify.

i like how forbes' mask is clearly something put together just for the video

that dude did not wear a mask on his drive to winston-salem no sir.

so i was setting my son straight about some 80s movies and as part of the discussion we stumbled across this video, which I'd like to nominate as one of the most random videos ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back