• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Smidger: RIP, internet acquaintance

There's a delegation of cardiologists having their pictures taken in the Blue Room. You wouldn't think you could find a group of people more arrogant than the fifteen of us, but there they are, right upstairs in the Blue Room

My dad was a cardiologist. I think he's a pretty humble/self-deprecating (although to be fair I have never witnessed him in his work persona/environment). But having met some of his colleagues through the years there were a large number of d-bags in his practice.

Lots of posters with dads who work in a douchebag field with a bunch of douchebags, but aren't douchebags themselves

makes you wonder...

Lots of posters with dads who work in a douchebag field with a bunch of douchebags, but aren't douchebags themselves

makes you wonder...

My dad can't be a pompous know-it-all, but he's 1. usually right and 2. not a douchebag.

What say the chat about the upper limit on people in a wedding party?

4-6, but even 6 is starting to push it if it's not a lot of siblings and such in there.

I had 7. 2 of those were my brothers. One high school friend, one law school friend and three Wake guys.

the correct answer is how ever many the fuck you want because it is your fucking wedding

I expected juice to say something like "marriage is an outdated social construct"

i just have a hard time when people are like "these 11 guys are like my brothers!! i couldn't pick only one of them and not the other 10!!!"

...ok.

but yeah, do whatever you want. I know I'm a judgmental asshole about a lot of things - I only say it out here because it's the internet. Would never make comments in person about something like this. who really gives a F.

Yes exactly. You can do what you want, but when you're up there with a dozen people on both sides I can certainly judge. Not that it's a major concern either because like Lbe said WGAF, I more think about it from the standpoint of if I had to be in a wedding party like that. Being herded, getting tuxes, taking photos, when all you really want to do is party with your friends when I am clearly like tenth on the totem pole of importance

That's true. I've been the obligatory ask a couple of times (sisters in law), and although I guess it was nice to be included, I probably would've preferred to spend the day relaxing and doing normal cocktail hour, etc instead of hanging all day with people I don't really know.

We had three but had a couple that were basically the 4th. Should've given them the honor

Had 7 and two ushers idgaf who thinks it's tacky I got good ass friends

Yes exactly. You can do what you want, but when you're up there with a dozen people on both sides I can certainly judge. Not that it's a major concern either because like Lbe said WGAF, I more think about it from the standpoint of if I had to be in a wedding party like that. Being herded, getting tuxes, taking photos, when all you really want to do is party with your friends when I am clearly like tenth on the totem pole of importance

if all u really wanna do is party with your friends wat do if all your best friends are in the wedding party? Wedding Parties spend a lot of time hanging out and partying separately. I've always been happy AF to be included when it's a really good friend (haven't gotten an obligatory ask yet) because it means I DO get to chill and hang out with my favorite people vs. kind of missing out.

Also was supes happy to be asked to be an usher at TexasDeac10's wedding. Got to hang out with the wedding party but had no major responsibilities during the ceremony. WIN.

Back