• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Where RJKarl is everyone's professional reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do we get to learn about European American animals ? Don't say "every other month of the year" either !

Had lunch with Shane Battier and his wife in Argentina yesterday. They went fly fishing in the same place I did - different guide, but we all had lunch in the same place. Nice guy - was funny and engaging. I asked him who the best WFU player he went up against was and he said ROK. His wife told a story about being mentioned by name in a sign held by someone in the WFU student section that was pretty funny. I wanted to dislike him as a Dukie, but he was cool.

“We are celebrating African American history month in various ways at Sutherland this month! Since our students have a genuine interest in animals and love to learn about them, we are going to take a closer look at African animals.”

good job, teacher

Oof

Had lunch with Shane Battier and his wife in Argentina yesterday. They went fly fishing in the same place I did - different guide, but we all had lunch in the same place. Nice guy - was funny and engaging. I asked him who the best WFU player he went up against was and he said ROK. His wife told a story about being mentioned by name in a sign held by someone in the WFU student section that was pretty funny. I wanted to dislike him as a Dukie, but he was cool.

Nice #humblebrag. Very jealous. I cannot imagine how wrinkled his head must be these days.

Shane+Battier+Cornrows.JPG

was always surprised Battier didn't last longer in TV after his playing days

5LpdYJQ.jpg

My local elementary school really getting in the spirit

Bought some ex officio boxers on the board rec.

They are nice; good recommendation

Hard to say what I like best about the mangled NOLA story as it was so good but “Who is Sokolove” killed me for some reason.

February 20, 2020

Dear Wake Forest community,

As you know, Wake Forest University continues efforts to examine its history and reconcile its implications for our present and our future. During Founders’ Day Convocation later this afternoon, I will acknowledge the University’s participation in the institution of slavery and offer an apology for how Wake Forest benefitted from the labor and sale of enslaved people. This moment will be another step in our efforts to confront our past.

In 2017, Wake Forest joined the Universities Studying Slavery Consortium to learn alongside other institutions of higher education how best to address historical and contemporary issues dealing with race and inequality among our communities. Last May, in a moving moment of remembrance, faculty, staff and students read the names of enslaved individuals sold to benefit the University endowment in 1860. In July, I established the President’s Commission on Race, Equity and Community and affirmed the continuing efforts of the Slavery, Race and Memory Project. These working groups are part of a larger institutional effort to illuminate our history, address our present and reaffirm our commitments for the future. As a society, we continue to wrestle with racism and white supremacy. As an educational community, we must challenge these dual plagues head on.

Founders’ Day Convocation provides an opportunity to acknowledge our past and recognize individuals who model what we aspire to be. The infrastructure established by the Slavery, Race and Memory Project will empower us to take the action necessary for an apology to have meaning. In the next few months, Wake Forest will publish the first volume in a series of collected works that capture the scope of activity taking place.

If you can attend, I look forward to seeing you at 4 p.m. in Wait Chapel for this important event. If you cannot attend in person, live streaming is available.

Sincerely,

Nathan O. Hatch
President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back