• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Where RJKarl is everyone's professional reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this social distancing has pretty much ruined the greatest holiday of the year.

3 days in isolation. Got the first morning boredom bang from the missus before the kids woke up. So there's that for a ray of sunshine!

Not sure if I’ve posted about this before. My father-in-law was recently evicted from his apartment. He’s 59, little education, has worked in auto retail basically his whole career. So he’s living with us basically indefinitely. We have 4 bedrooms so there’s plenty of space and he has a room with an en suite bathroom. He and my wife have a strained relationship which is way too long a story to get into. But a good deal of tension. And he has 2 dogs in addition to ours. So it’s been tough but this mandated WFH situation threatens to push this into full-on nightmare territory.

Yeesh, that sounds like a lot WRS. This whole crisis is forcing a lot on a lot of people. I know this isn't helpful, but good to count your blessings during these times, whether that's drawing a steady paycheck, good health, good family, what have you.

Not sure if I’ve posted about this before. My father-in-law was recently evicted from his apartment. He’s 59, little education, has worked in auto retail basically his whole career. So he’s living with us basically indefinitely. We have 4 bedrooms so there’s plenty of space and he has a room with an en suite bathroom. He and my wife have a strained relationship which is way too long a story to get into. But a good deal of tension. And he has 2 dogs in addition to ours. So it’s been tough but this mandated WFH situation threatens to push this into full-on nightmare territory.

My brother invited my mom, who is 75, to retire from being a real estate appraiser and go live with him and his wife and 3 kids. It was his wife's idea. Now the wife has had it and pretty much has been forcing him to move her out, yet now she has no job or source of income other than $900/month from Social Security, and the only one who can pitch in is me. So now I'm pretty much stuck paying my mom's rent for the rest of time.

Seemingly relatively stupid things set my brother and the wife off, like my mom telling my nieces "us girls don't do math"

Yeesh, that sounds like a lot WRS. This whole crisis is forcing a lot on a lot of people. I know this isn't helpful, but good to count your blessings during these times, whether that's drawing a steady paycheck, good health, good family, what have you.

Absolutely man. I’ve got it a lot better than most and few very fortunate that this isn’t threatening my basic survival. And of course trying to feel grateful for the opportunity to help a family member.

I should also say that he’s working actively but the inconsistency in income is making things very difficult for him month-to-month. In hindsight, maybe a good thing that he made the move here in January before shit went really crazy.

My brother invited my mom, who is 75, to retire from being a real estate appraiser and go live with him and his wife and 3 kids. It was his wife's idea. Now the wife has had it and pretty much has been forcing him to move her out, yet now she has no job or source of income other than $900/month from Social Security, and the only one who can pitch in is me. So now I'm pretty much stuck paying my mom's rent for the rest of time.

Seemingly relatively stupid things set my brother and the wife off, like my mom telling my nieces "us girls don't do math"

...not sure if trolling...

That's definitely not relatively stupid in terms of being trivial (it's stupid in that it's a terrible thing to say), but it also seems like it could be addressed very directly. Hopefully they tried that first.

Plama might need to invest in another name on here. Serious plama has gotten people to let their troll guards down.

489b5b59587cd17d087fa5665ccb08f2.jpg

Agree with lbe. She needs to understand why that's not cool. Im also inclined to give her some benefit of the doubt growing up with that sort of misogyny all around her. Hopefully she starts to get it.

Agree with lbe. She needs to understand why that's not cool. Im also inclined to give her some benefit of the doubt growing up with that sort of misogyny all around her. Hopefully she starts to get it.

Yes, you can teach your kinds grammy is cray cray without getting so pissed at it that you end kicking her out of the house with no plan on how to pay for it. Once you convince her to retire and move in with ya, its bullshit to change your mind over trivial things like that.

Last edited:
These ads on Tapatalk are out of control. I can barely scroll through a thread without fifteen windows popping up because I accidentally touched an ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back