• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if anything thanksgiving is underrated

Got to the office at 6 this morning and leaving after I finish a call at 1:00.

We recently bought a second fridge for our garage, which seems completely unnecessary but it will be nice to have this week.

Yeah if anything thanksgiving is underrated

+1. And it’s getting rated lower and lower every year as the Christmas creep has extended to Halloween at this point.

When else do you get turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, etc all at once? And you also get football after the meal and a short work week with 4-5 day weekend? To me it’s #2 right behind Christmas.

This changes depending on where you are in life, but currently as a late 30s new dad I'm ranking the holidays

Thanksgiving
Christmas (will probably move up to #1 as child gets older)
Memorial Day
July 4th (dependent on the day it falls as to where it is in the ranking, but this past year Wednesday didn't do much for me)
New Years
Labor Day
Easter

Thanksgiving is a lot less fun if you're an adult without kids and living away from family. It just becomes some strange day where you're supposed to eat at 2 and be around someone else's older family where it's not exactly socially acceptable to get trashed.

In today and on Friday, trying to save PTO for the wedding.

Also yes its weird to leave pizza out on the backporch all night, dont eat it.

Why is there no Thanksgiving music? No songs, no compilation cd by country artists, I feel like this is a huge opportunity to fill a void. Adam Sandler can't be the only one who is making Thanksgiving songs.

Alice’s Restaurant.

Or just put on The Last Waltz. That counts.

Thanksgiving is a lot less fun if you're an adult without kids and living away from family. It just becomes some strange day where you're supposed to eat at 2 and be around someone else's older family where it's not exactly socially acceptable to get trashed.

if you're eating at 2 you're doing it wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back