• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the end of the holiday season. Just cold, bleak winter for months ahead.

i'm actually glad to be back at work today. getting shit DONE. Kids back to school tomorrow.

I hate the end of the holiday season. Just cold, bleak winter for months ahead.

Its good to know that even people who live in areas as beautiful as Asheville can get depressed by winter weather. The one redeeming aspect of DC is the free museums, and we don't even have that right now.

Its good to know that even people who live in areas as beautiful as Asheville can get depressed by winter weather. The one redeeming aspect of DC is the free museums, and we don't even have that right now.

yeah I mean I would feel this way wherever. not a huge fan of cold weather (although it's not that cold this week) and I like having all the decorations up everywhere and everyone in a good mood. at least it's still football season, and once that's over it's just nothing. probably doesn't help that Wake bball is not worth caring about.

Nashville was cool, we stayed a day less than I thought, so I kept to the downtown touristy spots, but it was still fun. I need to go back to get a better feel for the city.

Walked around Vandy a bit -- it's aight. They have a fucking replica Parthenon in the middle of the damn town!

Country Music HoF was dope and I revise my Mt. Rushmore to be more like ITC's. I was thinking more of the pillars rather than the icons. Anyway, he was right -- gotta put Cash and Willie on there. There was a great Emmylou Harris exhibit and the Outlaws and Armadillos was cool. I knew Shel Silverstein was a songwriter (and did "Boy Named Sue"), but I didn't realize he was part of that whole scene with Kris Kristofferson, Guy Clark, Tom T. Hall, JJW, etc. etc.

I need to make it back to the Ryman. Preds tix were too expensive and none of my family wanted to hit up Robert Earl Keen's Cosmic Country Christmas. Weirdos.

Johnny Cash museum was a cool little collection, too. Everything was very crowded with a bowl game, Titans game, big New Year's music thing, Preds game. Very, very crowded. But fun!

Let's kill this thread!

Drive back was smooth all things considered, but that stretch between Oak Ridge and Knoxville? Woof. 30 miles of just pure 10 lane shit. It seemed like anyway.

Also, drove past Louisville on my way from Columbus to Nashville and it is a pretty big city? Crazy man. Anyone ever fuck with Louisville? I bet it has fun shit, too.

always pass Louisville going Chicago-NC, but never spent time there

seems like the stuff on the river would be cool

I bet Rubbins has partied in Louisville. Probably knows all the hottest strip trailers.

they're doing Top Chef there this current season, and I'd imagine the local or state tourist board had to pony up a lot of money to get them there. it's supposed to be a decently cool and up and coming city. I do want to do the Derby and some distillery tours sometime.

It's the biggest city on the Ohio River. Bigger than Cincy. Bigger than Pittsburgh.

Muhammad Ali is from Louisville

that's a tough city icon to top

GettyImages-72913813-palmer-ali-wade-compressor.jpg

it was really cool but also sad to see him and Arnold Palmer do the coin toss at the Orange Bowl. such absolute icons, but Ali had no idea where he was and had to be essentially positioned by a handler so as to not wander off. Palmer knew what was going on, though, and looked to be enjoying himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back