• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to assume that the major publisher and healthcare CEO both came from wealthy, educated families, got decent grades even while being fuck ups, went to grad school in a money making field, and both had tons of networking connections.
Yeah the fuck-up CEO is for sure the son of a successful local family with tons of ties to the community. And fuck-up may be unfair just he always seemed thoroughly mediocre and checked out of school. Meanwhile I’m over here just waiting for someone, anyone, to contact me for an interview.

Bout to put someone on a PIP here in a couple of mins at the order of my boss. Fuck I hate this part.

i feel absolutely guilty that i am doing nothing right now. No emails really coming in...not getting involved in any new customer situations. I'm just sitting here... seeing if anything comes up i need to address.

Good morning everybody!

H5N1 has infected cattle across the US and jumped from a mammal to a human for the first time. Experts fear it may someday evolve to spread among humans.

Sialic acid receptors that’s all that’s ever prevented avian flu from running rampant. SAalpha2,3-Gal is what avian influenza binds to while SAalpha2,6-Gal is what human influenza binds to. Everyone has those receptors but the location within the lungs is what truly maters.

The inevitable is the Goldilocks scenario of H5N1 finding a human host that’s mildly immunocompromised or human coinfected with H3N2 resulting in segment recombination with H5N1. Most likely path of transmission is bird, pig, human with pigs acting as the mixing intermediary.

i feel absolutely guilty that i am doing nothing right now. No emails really coming in...not getting involved in any new customer situations. I'm just sitting here... seeing if anything comes up i need to address.

Sialic acid receptors that’s all that’s ever prevented avian flu from running rampant. SAalpha2,3-Gal is what avian influenza binds to while SAalpha2,6-Gal is what human influenza binds to. Everyone has those receptors but the location within the lungs is what truly maters.

The inevitable is the Goldilocks scenario of H5N1 finding a human host that’s mildly immunocompromised or human coinfected with H3N2 resulting in segment recombination with H5N1. Most likely path of transmission is bird, pig, human with pigs acting as the mixing intermediary.
Yeah, well, have you considered that it's just the flu? I mean, it's right in the name.

Is this your last day

It’s gonna be 78° today & 75° tomorrow. I don’t want ski season to be over but hot diggity dog I’m itching for this weather to last

it's only been a few days since my last round with one company but getting #nervous that I haven't heard back already about next round since the other ones have been promptly scheduled. checking Glassdoor reviews and some say they've been ghosted by the company, but who knows. I thought I killed the last round but have been wrong in the past when I thought I killed it.

If your current employer's strategy/policy is to hold you hostage for a few more days, then I'd recommend you catch up on some reading you've been meaning to do.
i mean i gave them 2 weeks... they aren't holding me hostage. It's my own guilt of getting a salary and not doing anything.

Yeah, well, have you considered that it's just the flu? I mean, it's right in the name.

Thanks to covid BARDA already has contracts and development of vaccines for potential game changer pandemics like flu and nipah. The problem is that depending on what it is and mortality rates between 20-75% a whole lot of people are going to die.

(Except Ph he’ll skip the line)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back