• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread World Championships - Darling it's better down where it's wetter

Status
Not open for further replies.
bmoney, what's your best segment? "Blaine Gabbert. not terrible." gets me every time.

Its pretty sad in our country we just let homeless people walk around on the streets talking to themselves 24/7 and not aid them with some meds and fix that shit.

Is townie still around? I'm thinking about going back to school (a lot rides on the tuition concession), which will require me to take the gre. I'm debating if I should take the Kaplan course and would love the input.

Vocab.com + Magoosh for Verbal
Khan Academy for Quantitative
Google "Analytical Writing gre" for Analytical Writing

Its pretty sad in our country we just let homeless people walk around on the streets talking to themselves 24/7 and not aid them with some meds and fix that shit.

what would that look like administratively?

chronic homelessness is some real deep shit, especially when you compare us to other nations

Like the US has a worse homeless issue than other countries?

my sense is that the homelessness per capita is higher in the united states than in similarly developed countries, especially when you factor out recent immigrant homelessness in europe. turns out it's hard to find good data that translates across countries though.

my question to plama was what would a drug program look like?

I don't see how that list is close to accurate after visiting India

my sense is that the homelessness per capita is higher in the united states than in similarly developed countries, especially when you factor out recent immigrant homelessness in europe. turns out it's hard to find good data that translates across countries though.

my question to plama was what would a drug program look like?

We don't have to solve all their problems, but I think everyone can agree that there's nothing more annoying than people who talk to themselves, and loudly and at everyone. If they are quiet and homeless then we can ignore them. When they're loud and homeless, everyone gets uncomfortable. Whatever drug solves that problem, make that shit free.

A serious answer probably would be some communist-esque thing so that they provide services for eachother to reduce the public cost.

Ok so this is a HUGE concern of mine. Last time I was tested for my learning disabilities in 2007 (for some reason I had to do it every few years in school to prove I still had them, I was in the lowest 10 percentile for reading.

I have my undergrad and masters from wake. I'm pretty darn smart and a hard worker (my family half jokes that I'm rainman). I know I could get the doctorate with no problem but I'm scared that I won't get the gre score that I need.

Manhattan Prep GRE is the best of the bunch. It's worth it. Especially if you're not great at taking standardized tests and can cover the costs.

Speaking if REI, the flagship store in DC in the old Uline arena is supposed to open this fall and looks pretty sweet. It's massive. Anyone else following that? On my phone so don't have pics.

Just hope you don't have to take that #SubjectGRE too. They shit is weak as hell.

So Mrs. Diggler and I just got back from New York.
1) Adele was a really good show
2) we didn't get tickets in the Hamilton lottery so spent Sunday afternoon watching football which was better anyway I'm sure.
3) I like those "Manhattan mini-storage" ads that say things like, "sure, move to the suburbs. Bigger closets for you to store your shattered dreams in" and "yeah, YOU'LL fit right in in Connecticut."
4) Le Bernardin is not overrated, but is overpriced
5) Craft was delicious
6) the 9/11 memorial is so beautiful

We were in a hotel about 8 blocks from the bombing, so that was not cool, but the locals all handled it well. All in all great trip.

Also in the time it took me to type that on my phone and catch up on 2 days of CT my computer is STILL on update 1 of 6.

bmoney, what's your best segment? "Blaine Gabbert. not terrible." gets me every time.

My favorite all time thing on the show was the Teddy Bridgewater sounds like episode. It had me in tears.

Fave recurring segment is tough. Weekend Observations, BIMD, The Club. Lots to choose from.

Picked up this REI camp bundle deal for a tent, sleeping bag, and ground pad for $200. Testing the waters on if the wife is truly into camping and it's a great deal on starter stuff. The tent will also be solid for backpacking regardless. Pretty pumped.

We're gonna test the waters with my wife as well. That sounds like a great deal. I have my pack, sleeping bag, and pad but have misplaced my tent. We somehow inherited my sister's pack when she left it behind so my wife can use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back