• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XLII- POOF...vamoose

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some training shoes and Reebok's propaganda has almost convinced me I won't look like a total idiot in ReeZigs.

SCD, I read Crime and Punishment a long time ago. I think my HS AP English teacher ruined it for me. She made us read it twice in one semester. I really enjoy Russian literature and I consider Nabokov and Tolstoy to be among my favorite writers. I may have to give it another try. I think I remember enjoying it the first time I read it. The second time through I think I just got annoyed with the constant descriptions of the protagonist's torment because as a reader you really start to feel his anxiety and it got a little intense for me as a young, sensitive high school girl. But I think I would appreciate it much more as an adult reader.

I'm not sure I really consider Nabokov part of the Russian canon.
I'm struggling through Brothers K - the philosophical and moral implications of the story are fascinating, but the plot is hella slow. I loved C&P in high school, but haven't picked it up since then.

Nah. Jacksonville, FL. I went up on Friday for an interview and they want me to come back next week to meet the other attorneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back