• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XLIII - IIILX daerhT tahC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may say I’m a dreamer,
but I’m not the only one.
I hope someday you’ll join us,
and the world will live as one.

I always forget that these are Guns and Roses lyrics:

Immigrants and fagots
They make no sense to me
They come to our country
And think they'll do as they please
Like start some mini-Iran
Or spread some fucking disease
And they talk so many God damn ways
It's all Greek to me

All these crazy points for rep have ruined me.

CT discussion: Are Renaissance Festivals cool or uncool?

Maybe not mainstream cool, but pretty damn cool. Take it with a grain of salt coming from a software engineer, though.

It also depends on the shows happening... last time I went there was a comedy trio that told only adult jokes. Just ridiculously raucous shit. That + getting wasted off of Bearz + Turkey Legs = WIN.

Smoked wings, which had a very unique flavor. The sauce was indeed heavenly.

I've never hated anyone and loved them so much at the same time. It's like Fergie just put out a fucking fantastic pop song.

Went to my first home game of the season. Why can't they all be 29 point blowouts? And how come I haven't been using the Hoops room since I've been a DC member?

Also, Milner's is fucking fantastic.

There is an inordinate amount of win in this post. People always buy me beers in the hoops room. Great way to start a Wake game. And I'm very proud of Wake today, which it's been a while since I've been able to say.

All these crazy points for rep have ruined me.

CT discussion: Are Renaissance Festivals cool or uncool?

I'm always reminded of the "LARPing" from Role Models for some reason. And my favorite character, this guy:

tumblr_ksiotjDihf1qap35ho1_500.png

And one of my favorite scenes in cinema history:

"Alack and allay! What lovely vassal has Mercury delivered upon us today and in such strange and frightful attire?"

"Let us thank the gods for sending us such a brave and valiant warrior to Xanthia!"

"All hail Lunesta!"

"Hail, Lunesta!"

"Lunesta? Isn't that a sleeping pill?"

"Yeah. It's 'cause I send my enemies to their eternal resting place."

"To sleep, perchance to dream."

All you touch, all you see is all your life will ever be.

Is this happy or sad? I've never been able to figure it out. I think the bittersweet ending to DSOTM really places you in the universe, part of the reason the album hits home so terribly hard.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints; sinners are much more fun.

wakephan09 and i played this at our swan song youth group meeting and made all the heathen middle school catholic kids dance along to the clearly anti-Catholic song. Very proud of our own little Dirty Dancing moment.

Maybe not mainstream cool, but pretty damn cool. Take it with a grain of salt coming from a software engineer, though.

It also depends on the shows happening... last time I went there was a comedy trio that told only adult jokes. Just ridiculously raucous shit. That + getting wasted off of Bearz + Turkey Legs = WIN.

OK one more story regarding renaissance fairs. At the Medieval Times in Myrtle, I was super drunk and got up and was jumping around and yelling while they released the falcon who was flying around the place. And this voice comes over the intercom "PLEASE SIT DOWN. THE FALCON IS A BIRD OF PREY AND HE WILL ATTACK YOU."

LOLZ.

/MULTI-QUOTE TEST

POASTS. I also recently discovered my drunkeness. It's like a hidden jewel buried under a thin layer of apparent sobriety. i.e. I keep pwning people at darts, how could I possibly be drunk?

POASTS. I also recently discovered my drunkeness. It's like a hidden jewel buried under a thin layer of apparent sobriety. i.e. I keep pwning people at darts, how could I possibly be drunk?

I CAN HELP YOU DISOVER THIS 4 NIGHTS A WEEK. JUST MOVE TO DC>

I CAN HELP YOU DISOVER THIS 4 NIGHTS A WEEK. JUST MOVE TO DC>

I WANT to live in DC. Just gotta convince TownieToy she can find a job there. 4now, working on finding a new job period (teehee period)

I WANT to live in DC. Just gotta convince TownieToy she can find a job there. 4now, working on finding a new job period (teehee period)

All things with time, mang.... if you can find a good job in NYC you can find a job in DC.
Lets goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:eek:hnoes: i just challenged wakefanatic about films. that's some scary shit. that dude knows his film. and i'm just a drunk dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back