• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XXX - Morons Debate Living Places Other Than The South !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
Greatest thing going in Miami right now is the Tua Taglaviola fanclub called Tu-Anon !!

4143453c6e433aabcbc59b53a8aaf54a.jpg

CL

Some of my better trips were to places I just picked because of cheap flights, Luxembourg Toulouse, Sarasota (putting those 3 places together in any context is pretty much just begging for some commentary from Biff)

This is so ominous.

As usual, I'm late to this (and everything, it seems)...

But my kids had a "Code Red" drill yesterday morning at school. I guess I'm glad they did it. They didn't seem traumatized by any of it (1st & 3rd grade), even though it sounds like it was pretty intense.

I guess it's not all that different from when my parents would do the "duck and cover" drills to prepare for nuclear war. Although, I'd assume these "Code Red" drills are more effective than hiding under your desk would be when the bomb drops.

Learning about diction today and registers and making them write formal, neutral and informal paragraphs about me. My favorite insult so far is "On God, Coach Mako looks like the type of dude that puts milk in the bowl before his cereal."

Best thing to do in Miami, if you have no idea how to drive a boat, is to rent a boat and start tooling around. Everyone will be impressed.

I only say this because hundreds of people do this everyday.

My dad grew up in Miami and my grandfather was a Special Agent in the FBI field office in the late 50s through the 70s. He had some wild stories.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any recommendations.

"Coach Mako look like Tiger Woods stepdad"

If I were forced to go to Miami I’d spend as much time in the Everglades and Keys as I could. I’d suggest you go find wood storks and marvel at how they can be so ugly and beautiful at the same time.

"Coach Mako's nose hair spreading out like that smoke monster from the upside down"

Let us know when they get to the parts about your mom.

"Coach Mako's probably a crap soccer coach, but nobody cares enough about soccer to know what his record is"

As usual, I'm late to this (and everything, it seems)...

But my kids had a "Code Red" drill yesterday morning at school. I guess I'm glad they did it. They didn't seem traumatized by any of it (1st & 3rd grade), even though it sounds like it was pretty intense.

I guess it's not all that different from when my parents would do the "duck and cover" drills to prepare for nuclear war. Although, I'd assume these "Code Red" drills are more effective than hiding under your desk would be when the bomb drops.
Guilford county did it yesterday.

My first graders in Cub scouts last night were an energetic mess.

The difference in understanding between my 1st and 3rd grader was striking, and I think they're both pretty smart kids.

1st grader: "It's in case a bad person or a thief were to break into the school."
3rd grader: "It's for if someone came into the school looking to shoot people."

I had to laugh about the visual of a thief in a catburgler outfit sneaking into an elementary school to steal some sort of treasure.

It's possible your 1st grader can't fathom someone shooting up a school. Theft may be the worst thing they can think of.

I mean I would rather kids do the training for their sake, but what a shitty thing to have to do. I remember when my ex's kid did the training. She was a 1st Grader and was pretty traumatized. Got lots of questions that night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back