• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XXX - Morons Debate Living Places Other Than The South !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible your 1st grader can't fathom someone shooting up a school. Theft may be the worst thing they can think of.

Totally.

My point was more that somehow you go from that kind of thinking in 1st grade to completely getting it in 3rd grade. And obviously everyone is different.

My oldest was in Kindergarten last year and after the Uvalde shooting, he came home and said they talked about it in his class (guessing a classmate had heard about it and asked about it). The way my kid explained it to me was that someone had a gun and they tripped and fell and it accidentally went off and hurt some people.

I didn't correct him.

I will never not be shocked by how many Rupi Kaur books I see in my classes during independent reading time.

I know I missed the fall flavors convo, but I think fall flavors are maxed out at Thanksgiving. Its all the "pumpkin spice" and cinnamon everything that ruins it. Let Thanksgiving have the fall flavors, let us eat them over a few days and be done with it.

I will never not be shocked by how many Rupi Kaur books I see in my classes during independent reading time.
Huh. This kind of fascinates me. I believe what teens read says quite a bit about the world

i'm sure there is some pretty good rupi poem generating bot or website out there

props to her for unlocking the formula but man...

I know I missed the fall flavors convo, but I think fall flavors are maxed out at Thanksgiving. Its all the "pumpkin spice" and cinnamon everything that ruins it. Let Thanksgiving have the fall flavors, let us eat them over a few days and be done with it.
potential hot take, but sweet potatoes blow. the only acceptable form is fries, and only if regular ones aren't available.

maybe a hot taek but i don't think the shooting drills are really all that necessary and really just cause more harm, if what parents are saying on here is true

just run fire drills to keep them calibrated for an emergency situation (to understand that when teacher says "OK this is serious" then you listen to them) and instead spend time with the teachers prepping them

but it's not like the students need to do anything besides shelter in place

and the banging on doors and shit just seems really unnecessary

but also I don't work with kids so fully open to being wrong

maybe a hot taek but i don't think the shooting drills are really all that necessary and really just cause more harm, if what parents are saying on here is true

just run fire drills to keep them calibrated for an emergency situation (to understand that when teacher says "OK this is serious" then you listen to them) and instead spend time with the teachers prepping them

I think they’re for the teachers though too.

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say you're wrong here. And there's a whole world of decisions that teachers and students have to make in that situation beyond shelter in place. You should go through the run/hide/fight scenario training.

I think they’re for the teachers though too.
oh sure but i don't think teachers are going home and waking their parents up at 4 am to process what happened at school is all i'm saying

People out here love sugar so much that there is a dessert festival this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back