• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XXXIX - Furrrr sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
url

okay I see so many commercials for it, I have to know - guys does this Lectric Shave junk actually work? Or more likely, nobody has tried it.

okay I see so many commercials for it, I have to know - guys does this Lectric Shave junk actually work? Or more likely, nobody has tried it.

I have trouble taking seriously anything whose name starts with "lectr".

Gotcha, yeah that looks like it would take some time to get used to doing.

yeah, you basically play the string you're looking for followed by a fingernails strum of the rest and thumb pluck of the drone string at the top. so it's a 3-part rotation. they call it the "bum-ditty" because it's that sort of pattern.

the first part is tough though because you're striking (not plucking) one string with the back of one fingernail on a down stroke. i can't help but miss or mute it or god knows what else whenever i try. be easier when i actually have some fingernail there though (also killing me, not chewing on that nail).

yeah, you basically play the string you're looking for followed by a fingernails strum of the rest and thumb pluck of the drone string at the top. so it's a 3-part rotation. they call it the "bum-ditty" because it's that sort of pattern.

the first part is tough though because you're striking (not plucking) one string with the back of one fingernail on a down stroke. i can't help but miss or mute it or god knows what else whenever i try. be easier when i actually have some fingernail there though (also killing me, not chewing on that nail).

Yeah, I can defs see how that would be difficult w/out a fingernail.

good banjo players are some of the most impressive musicians out there.

I think I need to start watching Archer. I've seen a couple eps and was amused but didn't stick with it. Will I be confused if I just start watching now?

You definitely should! I don't think you'll get confused if you start watching the show tonight. We're gonna need to watch something awesome, especially if we play tonight like we did against State

The probability of me "working" from home tomorrow is high to quite high.

Declaring tonight a game-free night. All my focus is on basketball and drinking.

Working from home tomorrow FTW.

Alright, whose kids are selling girl scout cookies??

my coworker!

Actually I was really pleased to see they have some sort of cookies for the troops promotion, so I was able to support the guy's daughter by buying cookies but I don't have to take them home - they'll send to soldiers or something.

Okay really I did buy one box of Samoas (to keep) to go with the Tagalongs that are still in my freezer from last year.

I need some Thin Mints and Samoas like whoa.

They're having a cookie sale in about two weeks in my building so I'll just hit 'em up then I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back