• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XXXVI: light switch rave

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollTheQuad06

rolling quads since 2002
Reaction score
:willynilly:

finally! my first chat thread win!

Last edited:
FAMC_MusicCityBowl_logo.jpg

It looks like a bird's face, with the eye being the body of the music note.

IT CANNOT BE UNSEEN

Congrats RTQ! Greatest office dirty santa present I've ever seen was when a guy from our office thought he got a random old cookbook. But really the guy who brought it had gotten bored one night and cut out a hole in the book with an exacto knife in the perfect shape for a bottle of Jager. (Jager was also included.)

Not to nerd out but going back to liability of office parties that was the topic of my optional 1L torts mid term exam. I mean. I didn't actually take it but I read the questions.

Not to nerd out but going back to liability of office parties that was the topic of my optional 1L torts mid term exam. I mean. I didn't actually take it but I read the questions.

It's definitely causing me to have flashbacks to my exam on Friday afternoon. :rulz:

Don't know if anyone noticed on the last chat thread, but happy repeal day everyone! Celebrate our right to drink!

Don't know if anyone noticed on the last chat thread, but happy repeal day everyone! Celebrate our right to drink!

I did a post on this for one of my clients/hobby job. It has been interesting to see what wines, beers, and/or liquors everyone is drinking to celebrate. There has been an overwhelming response.

Quick guide to Nashville:

Lot of the downtown bars where you'll get a good Nashville experience is along Broadway between 1st Ave and 5th Ave....IIRC the 200 block is more honky-tonky and the 400 block has a scene that most of you would enjoy more/be used to. That's where I had most of my fun. Basically every bar has good live music. Had good times at Tootsie's, Paradise Park, The Stage (probably a favorite) and there's a dueling piano bar in that area as well we had fun at one night (the guys were really good too, crushed my request of Johnny B Goode)

There's also Printers Alley, a few blocks north off Church St between 3rd and 4th streets. A couple karaoke bars and smaller places more off the beaten path. We closed the night there a couple times and had a lot of fun.

There were a few good bars further west near Vanderbilt (Dan McGuiness Irish Pub among others) but sounds like most of you won't be near there.

A few good BBQ joints that aren't the typical tourist spots were recommended to me (one is in the minor league baseball stadium) but we never got a chance to try.

Country Music Hall of Fame was pretty cool, a must for even casual fans. A ton of cool memorabilia.

Quick guide to Nashville:

Lot of the downtown bars where you'll get a good Nashville experience is along Broadway between 1st Ave and 5th Ave....IIRC the 200 block is more honky-tonky and the 400 block has a scene that most of you would enjoy more/be used to. That's where I had most of my fun. Basically every bar has good live music. Had good times at Tootsie's, Paradise Park, The Stage (probably a favorite) and there's a dueling piano bar in that area as well we had fun at one night (the guys were really good too, crushed my request of Johnny B Goode)

I thought the 400 block was lacking. 300-200 was definitely better than 400. Hoopschic's memory may be better than mine, but I think we spent the majority of one night (post a friend's wedding) at Whiskey Bent Saloon. Hit a few more bars in those 3 blocks but finished somewhere in the 200 block. I was not impressed with Rippy's which is a bar on the corner of the 400 block with a roof top bar.

Actually - The Stage may have been where we spent the majority of our time. I'll see if I can find some bar receipts and let ya'll know. Either way, both of the bars are great!

Last edited:
The Stage has a rear door in the back alley that usually has a much shorter line. Use that if crowded.

Drink Advice for Nashville: Mixed drink prices are fairly high (or at least for Long Island's) but the bar tenders are heavy handed. Wine at the bars was lacking, as to be expected. But ciders are CHEAP! I think I was drinking $1.50 Woodchucks at several of the bars.

Nice win RTQ!

If I can manage to get away from work and figure out travel (both doable I think) I am so going to Nashville. And if I'm going for the bowl game I'm staying for NYE, so include me in the count of random people looking to get a group together to celebrate in Nashville Saturday night! So excited!

The stage is so money. Def hit up the honkey tonks. Awesome live music pretty much everywhere.

Printers Alley karaoke place that JDawg mentioned is called Lonnies. Its a ton of fun and a great place to end the night with a little singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back